Global Network Manager for LIB (Private Banking)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- Department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
- Build and maintain custodian- and correspondent bank relationships with local banks in The Peoples Republic of China
- Perform ongoing monitoring of agent banks suitability, e.g. annual agent bank risk assessments and service reviews.
- Identify changes in the markets and communicate to the business
- Assist offshore teams in account opening
- Improve service levels from the agent bank network and to negotiate competitive tariffs
- Support development & implementation of a global Network Management strategy, in line with the overall operations strategy
Operations & daily business
Products, processes and services
- Understand the market requirements to enable Credit Suisse in China to establish effective custody and cash relationships to enable the business strategy in China
- Build effective partnerships with senior management, partners and external providers, both locally and in the Asia region
- Use Network regional presence, proximity to regional partners and agent banks to promote and drive the global GNM agenda and strategy
- Provide oversight and transparency across agent bank relationships
- Understand and supervise costs locally to deliver competitive fee schedules for new relationships
Quality, risk management & reporting
- Drive monitoring of agent banks, costs and services.
- Drive selection and appointment of outstanding providers, negotiate competitive terms (service & cost), resolve network related incidents and mitigate risk
- Live a culture of continuous improvement and tight-knit collaboration with peers and partners
- Ensure a consistent and regular communication and information flow across regions, divisions and business lines
- Constantly invest in training in order to keep up with market- and industry developments and demands and to broaden Network's capabilities
- Support implementation of Global Network Strategy
Responsibilities and Key Tasks: What the candidate will need to accomplish in the role (list 3-8 core tasks)
Key tasks and deliverables
Core tasks operations and daily business
- Understand business requirements related to expansion in China, and translate them specifically into requirements for local custodians and correspondent banks
- Ensure the appropriate custodian and correspondence banks meet Credit Suisse internal requirements.
- Support local legal teams in the negotiation of any related account opening documentation.
- Deliver new bank relationships within the agreed timelines to support business growth.
- Act as partner concern point for service issues with agent banks
- Manage costs for agent banks through effective negotiation
- Represent Network on internal committees, externally represent CS with agent banks and on industry events
Leadership & best people
- Cultivate a culture of responsibility, accountability and ownership
- Ensure know-how exchange, cross-training in location and across global Network teams as and when required
- Deliver against strategic book of work
You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Degree educated or significant work experience in banking industry is essential
- Preferably with operations or proven experience in a Network team
- Must be able to work independently
- Proficient in communication skills, both written and oral in Mandarin and English
- Outstanding negotiation / influencing skills
- Analytical, problem-solver and decision maker
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Act as subject matter specialist in initiatives and looks for opportunities for the bank & individuals within own area
- Continuously strives for improvement
- Understands and applies Credit Suisse compliance and control standards
- Follows relevant market rules and regulations
- Protects client interests and Bank reputation
- Is highly regarded for her / his honesty, integrity and reliability within the Bank
- Has the ability to develop positive sustainable relationships within and across functional, geographical and business lines.
- Connects people and works closely with agent banks and internal partners to propose solutions that fit requirements
- Takes ownership for outcomes beyond own results
- Contributes to a stimulating and inclusive work environment
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.