Head of PB Client Lifecycle and Management Controls, China
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
- We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values
- This role works within the Private Banking Client Lifecycle Management & Controls (CLMC) team to support delivery of a quality service to our clients and achieve regulatory compliance across the end-to-end lifecycle of Private Banking clients, including coverage of Client Due Diligence/ KYC and regulatory requirements.
- In this leadership role, you will report into the Head of PB CLMC located in Singapore.
- Manager role to oversee and ensure onshore team provides support to Front Office in these processes:
- Client Onboarding - Client Due Diligence ('CDD'), Know-Your-Customer ('KYC'), Source-of-Wealth ('SoW') and documentation formalities requirements in view of getting it right first time
- Client Lifecycle Management - Client account / static data maintenance and Change-in-Circumstance processes to make sure all the accounts satisfy the required regulatory and policy standards
- Seek to ensure the team performs independent review on customer identification/modification, document formalities of different types of accounts (including individual, corporate and trusts accounts) and ensure all accounts satisfy the required standards before onboarding & post-onboarding
- Performs data capture and validation in the Client Relationship Management tool as well as relevant back office system(s) and support creation of mandate/portfolios and update of client tax statuses (FATCA/AEI)
- Work with APAC Regional office to drive the implementation of PB Onshore China operating model and location strategy and deliver continuous operational improvements, in view of the changing operating and regulatory environment, and participate in projects that is aligned with the Private Bank's strategic objectives and vision
- Seek to stay up-to-date with the latest regulatory, policy and procedural requirements, and take ownership of relevant procedural updates
- Drive the production and reporting of Key Performance Indicators and Key Risk Indicators in the relevant forums. Carry out day-to-day supervisory tasks
- Provide support for any regulatory & audit related reviews, and training / walkthrough of client onboarding & lifecycle management process, as required
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Proven 10 years of experience with a Private Bank or Financial Institution with KYC/AML/Client Due Diligence experience and reasonable understanding of KYC/AML requirements in Asia, especially local regulations
- Acquired at least 5 years working experience in people management and have a strong track record in leading teams
- Excellent communication skills in both English and Chinese is required given the daily interaction with various internal and external stakeholders at both domestic and regional level
- The ability to work with business partners at various levels is essential
- Demonstrate the capability to build and maintain positive relationships at all levels with key internal clients including business, operations and colleagues in Legal and Compliance
- Possess outstanding problem solving skills, and can apply risk-based assessment when handling complex cases/issues
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.