Index Governance – Client Communications Manager
S&P Dow Jones Indices ("S&P DJI") is seeking a candidate to join the Index Governance - Client Communications Team
in our Beijing office. The team, which is a segment of the Governance Function of the Index Management and Production Group, strives to provide the highest level of service to index clients with the ultimate goal of improving the client experience while maintaining adherence to S&P DJI's core values, policies, and procedures.
The position will focus on enhancing the quality and consistency of responses to inbound client inquiries (primarily email) regarding S&P DJI's index calculations and methodologies. It seeks to identify opportunities to proactively engage with clients regarding service changes and consultations. The role further aims to ensure the client perspective is considered throughout operational decisions while working internally with the Index Management Teams. Core Responsibilities
- Answer inquiries from clients regarding data dissemination including content, file formats, and timing.
- Respond to requests regarding index corporate action treatments and index methodologies in a timely manner and in compliance with all applicable laws, regulations, and industry standards.
- Compile data requests for clients.
- Perform outreach and coordinate with clients on transitions to new files, file formats, etc.
- Proactively identify instances where a client call would add value and coordinate, as needed, with internal stakeholders.
- Schedule periodic calls and outreach for strategic clients.
- Develop into a Subject Matter Expert (SME) on S&P DJI's index products and services.
- Ensure clients are knowledgeable on the data services (file delivery, file format, SLAs) and resources (file specifications, platform user guides) available to them.
- Play a key role in the launch of new indices and provide onboarding services to educate new clients on S&P DJI's services and resources.
- Identify appropriate opportunities to draft and disseminate client communications in line with compliance and standardization guidelines.
- Ensure client communications and incidents are logged in Salesforce to be used in incident and inquiry trend analysis.
- Review incidents with Management and Index Managers help identify opportunities for improvement in processes, services, and support that will enhance the client experience.
Competencies, Education, & Experience
- Identify opportunities to streamline workflows and processes to improve operational efficiencies.
- Lead and coordinate efforts for ad-hoc projects and company initiatives as needed.
- The ideal candidate is highly self-motivated, resourceful, and detail oriented with excellent time management and organizational skills.
- Must be a bright and enthusiastic self-starter who can liaise with SMEs as needed to efficiently and successfully resolve client inquiries.
- Advanced analytical capabilities and problem-solving skills required to ensure proper identification of a client's core question and appropriately respond with solutions where applicable.
- Superior written and verbal communication skills needed; must be able to communicate complex concepts simply.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office and Excel is essential. Must have the ability to demonstrate use of Excel functionality such as vlookup and pivot tables.
- 2-5 years of experience working with indices or index related data preferred. Client relationship/support experience preferred.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Advanced degree in business, economics, or finance preferred.