Investment Officer / Senior Officer - Capital Markets & Structured Products
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.pital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations are divided into two regions, 1 and 2. Each region is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes technical specialists and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Banking Department has the following business lines: (i) Capital Markets & Structured Products, (ii) Digital Infrastructure and Other Productive Sectors, (iii) Financial Institutions and Syndication, and (iv) Private Equity.
The Banking Department is looking for Investment Officer/Senior Officer - Capital Markets & Structured Products who will be tasked to originate, structure and execute infrastructure and infrastructure-related (i) capital markets investment projects and (ii) structured products. All investments must be in accordance with sound banking principles, including the assessment of commercial and financial viability, structuring according to international best practices, appropriate risk allocation and mitigation, and a market rate of return reflecting the risks of the investment. The Investment Officer / Senior Investment Officer is expected to work closely with other relevant AIIB departments, assist Management in preparing strategies for building the investment pipeline and assist in implementing these strategies. Training and developing junior team members will be an important responsibility.
- Originate, structure, and execute investment projects in the relevant mandated areas;
- Lead negotiations for transactions - use advanced financial competencies and personal influencing skills to overcome impasses and lead negotiations to a successful outcome;
- Maintain a strong investment pipeline by building and maintaining strong relationships with clients - sponsors, banks, investors and fund managers;
- Perform research on projects and clients;
- Arrange and prepare for client meetings, including the preparation of presentations, memos and reports, etc.;
- Represent the Banking Department in internal meetings and assist in coordination and reporting;
- As project lead, conduct due diligence and approval processes, with emphasis on ensuring that key economic, financial, technical, and legal issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documents;
- Analyze financial statements and assist project team leaders in structuring transactions; prepare project and corporate financial models;
- Participate in internal Bank coordination through information exchanges and teamwork with relevant divisions of the Bank;
- Support the Banking Department achieve its targets and objectives.
- Minimum of 5-10 years (5-8 years for Officer, 8-10 years for Senior Officer) of relevant work experience in the field of equity and/or fund-of-funds gained at a commercial/investment bank/asset management company and/or international financial institution;
- Understanding of sector drivers, business and market development cycles, and how business performance and long-term competitiveness and viability are measured within a sector and how sector dynamics may evolve within a country or region;
- Experience in leading an investment team;
- Extensive experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across financial products using debt and guarantees, private equity and funds, as well as capital markets and structured products;
- Strong financial, analytical and credit skills;
- Good team player with strong interpersonal skills, and commitment to work in a respectful, team oriented and multi-cultural environment;
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage;
- Candidates should possess at the minimum a bachelor's degree (master's degree or equivalent preferred) in business administration, economics, finance or related fields; and
- Candidates with a CFA are preferred.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.