Investment Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist - Transport
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.pital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Investment Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist - Transport will be responsible for contributing to AIIB's lending program by supporting the planning, design, preparation, and implementation of projects/programs that meet the transport growth demand and improve transportation efficiency in client countries. The (Senior) Specialist will be responsible for the delivery of AIIB's transport lending program, and its implementation, in areas such as road connectivity, transport logistics, railways, urban transportation, aviation, and road safety. They will also be responsible for the development of regional connectivity transport investment operations, in support of AIIB's policy for regional connectivity.
- Lead and/or contribute to an assessment of transport policies in client countries to understand their impact on transport operations and service delivery in these areas.
- Build innovative approaches to the development of transport sector operations to support sustainable economic development and poverty reduction, in consultation with clients, development partners and other stakeholders.
- Lead and contribute to the design, preparation, and delivery of transport projects, focusing on quality and delivery of development outcomes.
- Supervise transport sector projects and programs under implementation to ensure appropriate technical quality and consistency with project objectives. This entails reviewing the technical designs of projects, implementation arrangements, and the adequacy of procurement and fiduciary arrangements for the projects in coordination with other team members.
- Advise clients on the preparation of feasibility studies, technical designs, and cost-effective analysis leading to investment prioritization, and undertake technical and economic analysis of project investments and programs.
- Review and assess the implementation capacity of project counterparts and supporting institutions/agencies and collaborate with other development partners in the transport sector for consistency and harmonization of approaches at the country level. Contribute to knowledge building and management in the transport sector and keep abreast of the latest developments and issues in the sector.
- Develop investment strategies with clients to pursue the most effective approach to achieve transportation efficiency in various economic environments and the specific needs of client countries.
- Minimum of 5-8 years for Specialist (8-10 years for Senior Specialist) of relevant working experience in transport planning or engineering and undertaking economic feasibility studies for transport investments, urban transport development planning and/or traffic management/analysis. Minimum of 3 years of autonomous project management experience.
- Extensive experience working in transport operations or the management of transport/logistic projects in middle-income and/or developed countries and the introduction of state-of-the-art technology/expertise to countries in Asia. Experience in planning and programming of investment and maintenance works in the transport sector, and institutional reforms is preferred.
- Must have worked in at least three countries outside their own home country. Work experience in developing countries would be an advantage.
- An understanding of the challenges facing the Asian transport sector, and familiarity with various modes of transport activities and development in general, and in-depth knowledge of at least one mode of transport.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to conduct day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Proven experience and depth of expertise in one transport area, or breadth across multiple transport areas, with in-depth knowledge within one area.
- Experience working on or leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for team leadership.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master's degree or equivalent in transport engineering or other transport-related fields including economics, transport planning, traffic management and transport engineering (for all modes of transport such as road, railway, port, aviation, and urban transport).
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.