Description Description: Manager, Corporate Development - China
- The Senior Analyst/Manager, Corporate Development for China, will work closely with Senior Director, Chief Representative in China, the broader Corporate Development team, and APAC leadership to support CME Group's growth agenda for the region.
- The Senior Analyst/Manager will be expected to work simultaneously on a variety of projects and activities pertaining to all aspects of our growth strategy, requiring strong quantitative and analytical skills and the ability to engage with senior stakeholders.
- Provide strong data and quantitative analysis expertise in assessing business and product trends as well as trends and performance of industry players such as other trading and clearing entities in China.
- Coordinate and provide rigorous analyses to assess competitive, regulatory, and technology dynamics and trends incorporating evolving understanding of key business economics and rationale into project analytics and recommendations; such analysis may require a deep dive into large volumes of data
- Support the identification, evaluation and execution of China-related new business development and commercial related opportunities, including engaging cross functional teams through value creation analysis, negotiation, due diligence processes, M&A support, investment and implementation
- Contribute to and manage the development of country-specific assessments and country plans to clearly articulate growth barriers and opportunities and align the organization on plans for products and services distribution, industry engagement, sales growth, and corporate development initiatives
- Prepare background materials, discussion points and other information for use by corporate leadership and C-level executives' meetings with industry stakeholders, commercial partners, etc.
- Facilitate key cross-functional meetings and engagement with key divisions (e.g. Business Lines, Clearing, Legal, IT) to ensure cross-functional cooperation and analysis in support of Corporate Development activities
- Degree or equivalent in related fields required e.g. Business, Economics
- MBA or equivalent a plus
- Supplemental certifications in financial modelling, analysis or relevant legal analysis a strong plus
- Knowledge of China's capital, derivatives and/or commodities markets
- Experience evaluating, structuring, and negotiating strategic transactions, partnerships and investments a strong plus
- Proven ability to work both independently and in multi-functional teams
- Experience addressing objections and concerns in a mature and inclusive manner
- A positive attitude, a strong desire to learn, flexibility, versatility and a commitment to personal growth are required personal traits;
CME Group: Where Futures Are Made
CME Group (www.cmegroup.com) is the world's leading derivatives marketplace. But who we are goes deeper than that. Here, you can impact markets worldwide. Transform industries. And build a career shaping tomorrow. We invest in your success and you own it, all while working alongside a team of leading experts who inspire you in ways big and small. Joining our company gives you the opportunity to make a difference in global financial markets every day, whether you work on our industry-leading technology and risk management services, our benchmark products or in a corporate services area that helps us serve our customers better. With 3,500 employees located around the world, we're small enough for you and your contributions to be known. But big enough for your ideas to make an impact. The pace is dynamic, the work is unlike any other firm in the business, and the possibilities are endless. Problem solvers, difference makers, trailblazers. Those are our people. And we're looking for more.