Managing Director, China
About the Role
In line with the Commercial strategy/Operating plan to lead, develop and manage all sales activities within China region/portfolio of key accounts/infrastructure/programme/initiative with significant business potential and complexity in order to meet customer requirements and achieve agreed short and medium term business, sales, revenue and traffic development objectives. What to expect:
• Astute, commercially driven leader possessing solid business development capability that has a demonstrated record of delivering to both financial and strategic targets.
• Experience of having managed a business (P&L management) with an understanding of how to ensure win-win outcomes for the SWIFT community through deep customer engagement.
• A Payments solutions landscape leader. Needs to be passionate around the future of payments should be able to talk to the global counterparts.
• Strong understanding of the technology solutions and ecosystem that is critical to the current financial institutions and can develop a market, which is conducive for Swift to grow and gain market share.
• Strong China experience in the Banking sector/servicing sector and can strategically align the partners and the new customers.
• Ability to manage senior level relationships with the Regulators and the Vendors.
• Execute and help inform the SWIFT go to market strategy as it innovates on the platform, driving new business flows onto the SWIFT network and increase network endpoints across the banks, brokers, large corporates, stock exchanges, etc.
• Ability to manage key stakeholders, operate in a matrix environment and ability to engage with the SWIFT National Member Groups in the region.
• Accountable for the overall operations of all aspects of the SWIFT business in China.
• Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, Business Development skills and effective shareholder management.
• Building and sustaining a high performing team.
• Manage the full scope including business operations, processes and metrics.
• Represent the "face" of SWIFT in the China market to customers, shareholders and regulatory officials; create new relationships in the marketplace, expand the network of contacts in order to grow the business.
• Serve as a role model to the organization by demonstrating hands-on leadership capabilities through actions and interactions with employees.
• Continually evaluate and challenge processes and methods to enhance results, improve efficiency and add value.
• Work closely with SWIFT global offices/ HQ to collaborate to bring new products and services to market. What will make you successful:
• Master's degree in Commerce, Business or Sciences.
• 15-20 years of progressive responsibility in a vendor, online transactional business and/or financial institutions market while managing multiple geographies and constituencies.
• Proven record of accomplishment in a high growth environment.
• Thorough knowledge of technology solutions in the banking, securities and allied businesses.
• Strong market making capabilities in the banking industry - door opener and opinion maker.
• Strong general management skills and business building capability.
• In-depth knowledge of, and existing senior working relationships in the Retail banking, Securities, Payments & Settlement businesses.
• Executive presence and sound stakeholder management skills.
• Ability to create and lead virtual teams.
• High energy individual with an entrepreneurial bent. Personal / Professional Attributes:
• Effective interpersonal and relationship-building capability at all levels. At the senior level this individual must have the ability to work closely with the senior executives of stakeholders, major customers and vendors. This individual must also be an engaging leader of a "start-up" business in order to lead, motivate and earn the respect of the entire organization.
• Strong listening and communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to present facts and analysis clearly and concisely for effective executive review and decision-making.
• Ability and willingness to effectively communicate, coordinate and interact with support teams located globally.
• Ability to multi-task effectively, working with multiple business units and on multiple issues while meeting deadlines in order to meet business unit and personal goals and objectives.
• Proven ability to recruit, develop and manage a successful professional team.
• Strong problem-solving ability and proven innovation in bringing new products and services to market to meet customer needs.
• Comfort with ambiguity and ability to manage through uncertainty in a highly changing growth environment.
• Entrepreneurial mind-set and comfort in taking acceptable risks.
• Experience managing across diverse shareholders and/or constituencies.
• Sufficient familiarity and comfort with banking and securities technologies.
You may review some key people's LinkedIn profile to know the team better -
Stella Lim : Managing Director, Asia Pacific at SWIFT
Kevin Wong : Managing Director, Head of North Asia
Kiran Shetty : CEO & Regional Head, India & South Asia at SWIFT
Alain Delfosse: Managing Director, Head SWIFT Japan What we offer
We put you in control of career
We give you a competitive package
We help you perform at your best
We help you make a difference
We give you the freedom to be yourself We give you the freedom to be yourself. We are creating an environment of unique individuals - like you - with different perspectives on the financial industry and the world. An environment in which everyone's voice counts and where you can reach your full potential regardless of age, background, culture, colour, disability, gender, nationality, race, religion , or veteran/military status.