Money Laundering Risk Management Director LIB
Purpose of position:
The Money Laundering Risk Management Director of LIB is a senior management role within the JPM Locally Incorporated Bank in China (the "Bank"). The position is primarily responsible for ensuring the execution of the AML program across lines of business within the Bank in China. The Director will report to the President of the Bank, will hold a position on the Executive Committee, and will be empowered to work independently and report AML related risk matters to the Board of Directors of the Bank.
The position will assist in protecting the Bank from undue regulatory scrutiny and reputational risk by effectively executing the AML program across the lines of business, by ensuring compliance with all applicable policies and procedures, and hence mitigating AML risk through an appropriate control infrastructure. Responsibilities:
- Supervision of the effective implementation of AML controls across the Bank's lines of business
- Regular reporting into the Board on AML matters, including any identified issues and deficiencies
- With guidance from Compliance, develop country level AML strategy representing the senior management group, seeking approval from the Board as required
- Evaluate and monitor existing LOB level and country level AML policies and procedures, systems and controls to minimize the risk of the Bank being used for financial crime, and ensure the business is compliant with current anti-money laundering requirements.
- Coordinate and ensure execution of the Bank AML program across LOBs and functions, in line with the overall AML strategy approved by the Board of Directors.
- With guidance from Compliance, coordinate and implement new regulation changes related to AML across the LOBs and functions.
- Oversight and coordination of projects to ensure compliance with the China AML/CTF Law's and regulations and Group Policies.
- Oversight of AML reporting metrics for senior management, committees and boards of the Bank.
- Oversight of preparation and information gathering for regulatory onsite inspections, visits and prudential meetings.
- Partner with HR & Compliance to develop ongoing AML training program for the Bank.
- In conjunction with the Head of Compliance of the Bank, establish and maintain strong regulatory relationships with PBOC, CBRC and other regulators.
- Professional ethics.
- University degree in law, risk management, business or related discipline.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in Compliance or risk management in banking industry.
- An expert on the China AML/CTF regulatory requirements is preferable
- Expert technical knowledge of China AML/CTF Law
- Strong client focus in terms of developing and maintaining productive relationships with key internal clients across all levels but particularly with senior management.
- Ability to drive and manage productive and professional regulatory relationships.
- A team approach to the workplace with a 'can do' attitude.
- A solution driven approach, with exemplary problem solving skills.
- Ability to prioritize.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin