Operational Policy Officer, Quality and Results/ Senior Operational Policy Officer, Quality and Results
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 104 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Strategy, Policy and Budget (SPB) Department is responsible for: (i) developing and monitoring the implementation of the Bank's strategic agenda; (ii) developing and overseeing compliance with the Bank's operational policies and procedures for the Bank's infrastructure investment operations (non-treasury), including environmental, social, procurement and financial management; (iii) developing and overseeing implementation of relevant policies and procedures related to the Bank's special funds resources and monitoring its Special Operations; and (iv) developing and monitoring the Bank's annual business plan to implement the Bank's strategies and manage the Bank's administrative budget to support the implementation of the annual business plan.
SPB is looking for an Officer/Senior Officer to contribute to the department's work on operational quality and results.
Responsibilities: The primary responsibility of the Officer/Senior Officer will be to support the Policy Assurance and Operational Quality team in the further development and implementation of a framework for operational quality, including a focus on applying the Project Prioritization and Quality Framework (PPQ). Specific responsibilities include, but are not limited, to:
- Support management in policy development, implementation and assurance broadly;
- Work closely with teams across the Bank to ensure robust quality-at-entry assessment and rigorous quality monitoring approaches are applied. This includes a practical fit-for-purpose approach to results frameworks/indicators;
- Participate in the Bank's screening process and lead analysis of the Bank's investment program in relevant areas;
- Lead/co-lead periodic reviews and reporting on the progress of project implementation, compliance with policies, and the achievement of results and recommend corrective action plans/measures as necessary, based upon these reviews;
- Provide significant inputs to the development of policies, reports, and other related knowledge products and presentations;
- Communicate key lessons learned from quality assurance and monitoring activities to other deparments;
- Liaise with multilateral and bilateral partners and Member governments to improve quality and portfolio management approaches and support the harmonization/alignment of such approaches;
- Lead/co-lead the development, upgrade and maintenance of relevant systems and other management tools in relevant areas;
- Support the recruitment and monitoring of consultants and their work; and
- Conduct any other work as required by SPB.
- Minimum of 5-8 years for Officer (8-10 years for Senior Officer) of operational experience in an international or bilateral financial institution, preferably with experience in infrastructure financing, including in Asia.
- Familiarity with the investment process and projects (preferably in infrastructure) of multilateral development banks.
- Solid operational policy and/or quality/results-focused experience in comparable organizations with a practical understanding of results frameworks.
- Energetic and enthusiastic with a can-do attitude and a track record of results.
- Proven ability to multi-task, work under pressure and meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to think independently and innovate, collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the work of a team, collaborate effectively with teams across a multicultural organization, as well as with clients.
- High level of personal integrity, sense of responsibility and genuine commitment to the values of AIIB.
- Outstanding communication and writing skills in English.
- Master's degree or higher in economics, public policy, development studies, business administration, statistics, management or equivalent.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.