Operations Manager for LIB (Private Banking)
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department which values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and is committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition which is an integral part of our global Conduct and Ethics Standards.
Core Activities and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the Change-the-Bank and Run-the-Bank aspects of the Private Banking (PB) processes and represent progress and status of the project to management
- Manage teams performing various processes within PB operations where they will be performing duties of Client Onboarding, FX, Trade Settlements, Payments, Fees Processing etc.
- Collaborating with Client Facing Employees, COO and other key partners (e.g. Compliance, General Counsel, Finance etc.) and acting as a control and subject matter expert on the integration of the PB processes with the onshore business model
- Ensure all procedural discussions are well-documented and disseminated accordingly with the teammates.
- People management, talent management of direct and indirect reports (including supporting staff development), and performance management
Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Qualifications and Skills:
- At least 10 years of operational and middle office experience specifically in the PB division, with a track record of handling multiple teams, processes, functions and driving change
- Strong communication skills is crucial for interacting at all levels across business fields, regions and branches as well as strong influencing skills
- Capable of assertively interacting with business partners and regions / branches (internal partners) in order to resolve day to day issues, control risks and improve operational efficiency
- Proficiency in understanding of local Regulatory and Compliance, internal Risk and Control framework governing operations, projects and knowledge of transitions framework
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking who can work on own initiative and can deliver on time under pressure with a high level of integrity and flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Leadership and Delivery:
- Outstanding People Management skills with ability to lead Change and effectively report on senior management reviews/presentations
- Drive a culture of high performance by providing direction to the team to ensure delivery is aligned to the global strategy
- Manage, lead and provide direction to the team members on how to execute the management plans and be aligned on global standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.