Portfolio Management Associate
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 104 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The Implementation Monitoring Department (IMD) is responsible for monitoring AIIB's rapidly growing investment portfolio, which includes loans and equity investments with or without sovereign guarantees and assisting management and project teams to ensure portfolio quality.
To strengthen its portfolio management capabilities, IMD is recruiting a Portfolio Management Associate (PMA). Their main responsibility will be to support and assist Portfolio Management Officers (PMOs) in actively monitoring and managing the loan and equity portfolio (including both sovereign-backed financings and nonsovereign-backed financings) to ensure that AIIB's strategic objectives are met in terms of development impact and financial sustainability.
Watch our video job description to understand better this position, click this link .
Responsibilities: Assist senior PMOs in carrying out various monitoring tasks at both project-/asset-level and portfolio-level, including, but not limited to, the following:
- Assist PMOs in monitoring loan and equity assets, such as through spreading and analyzing financial statements of project or investee companies, preparing and/or adapting existing financial models for scenario analysis, and conducting periodic credit analysis of loan assets and valuation of equity assets.
- Prepare and update project implementation monitoring reports; review supervision documents, such as project progress reports prepared by sponsors and periodic reports submitted by lenders' advisers (such as technical, insurance or environmental and social reports); assess compliance with loan documentation and relevant Bank policies and sectoral strategies, identify/analyze and alert issues that need management attention; and provide advice on how to address those issues.
- Track compliance by borrower clients with the financial and other covenants in the loan agreements, flag any deviations and discuss follow-up actions with supervisor.
- Track compliance by borrower clients and investee companies in the on-time delivery of financial; Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) and other reporting requirements pursuant to the investment agreements; and follow up on outstanding deliverables and issues.
- During the disbursement period, assess the borrower's compliance with the conditions precedent for each disbursement, coordinate with the project parties as needed, and keep the senior PMOs informed of the progress in such process;
- Draft memos for the processing of consents, waivers, amendments and other events, under the supervision of senior PMOs.
- Carry out analytical tasks on a wide range of operational, country and sectoral issues in the loan and equity portfolio, review and interpret information/data and propose actions to address identified issues.
- Participate in the preparation of quarterly and annual Portfolio Monitoring Reports that will be presented to Senior Management and the Board.
- Participate in internal and external project or portfolio review meetings and drafting meeting notes/minutes, as requested by the supervisor.
- Carry out other duties that may be assigned by IMD.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant working experience in monitoring project implementation for infrastructure investment operations.
- Master's degree in economics, finance, business administration, international relations, social sciences, or similar fields relevant to AIIB's operations.
- Basic knowledge of major infrastructure sectors, such as energy, transport, water, and/or urban development.
- Strong analytical skills, experience in financial modeling and financial analysis of investment projects would be an advantage.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English with demonstrated ability to think strategically and synthesize complex issues (translated into effective oral and written briefs) and ability to comprehend complex project contracts.
- Ability to collaborate with other team members and contribute productively to the team's work and output, demonstrating respect for different points of view.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.