Private Sector Operations Specialist / Senior Specialist
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.pital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Infrastructure Investment Department Region 2 is looking for professionals with sound infrastructure financing experience in commercial banks, investment banks and consulting organizations to expand its talent pool of private sector specialists. The (Senior) Private Sector Operations Specialist lead all aspects of origination, structuring, execution, and client relationship management for AIIB's lending products. This will require close interdepartmental cooperation and collaboration. An individual with strong technical expertise and an inclusive approach is well suited for this role.
- Identify, evaluate and develop potential investment opportunities. Maintain a strong project pipeline for the relevant sectors and geographies by interacting with clients, governments and other financing institutions, such as commercial banks, international financial institutions, Private Equity funds, export credit agencies and intermediaries.
- Manage and provide leadership throughout AIIB's project due diligence and approval process. Ensure that key economic, financial, technical, legal, environmental and social issues are considered and mitigants incorporated in the financing structure and legal documentation.
- Effectively lead the team for overall project delivery, ensuring proper documentation and appropriate approvals are secured in a timely manner.
- Minimum 5-10 years of experience (5-8 years for Specialist, 8-10 years for Senior Specialist) in the field of infrastructure finance gained at a commercial bank, investment bank, international financial institution, or top tier consultancy firm.
- Extensive experience in structuring comprehensive solutions across products using debt, mezzanine, guarantees, etc. Experience in structuring equity investments would be an advantage.
- Strong analytical, credit and financial modelling skills.
- Experience in Asian markets.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master's degree or equivalent in business, finance, or economics-related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.