The successful candidate will assist the international business development team to support our existing suite of investment strategies and new product development. You will provide in-depth analysis of current and prospective investment product offerings, competitive landscape and investor profiles as well as support new product development and research. Your output will not only reinforce our value proposition with our clients and prospects, but it will also provide our product management, sales, and marketing teams with information to foster growth in our business. The position is based in our Beijing office.
- Support the International Business Development team in gathering and analyzing data, creating, populating and maintaining ongoing competitor and industry intelligence data related to our investment strategies, delivered via separately managed accounts, and multi-manager mutual funds.
- Updating team members with information on product positioning, performance attribution, market data, benchmark analysis and industry news
- Build and maintain an intimate level of knowledge on institutional and retail investment vehicles, providing regular feedback on competitive intelligence and product development opportunities.
- Conduct ongoing research and analyze competitor information in support of product positioning, market developments, portfolio performance.
- Proactively identify product marketing opportunities based on industry trends, current market environment and competitive advantages.
- Update and maintain accurate records of current product offerings and attributes.
- Collaborate with Marketing and other appropriate functional groups to create and maintain strong, consistent client materials.
- Help facilitate and execute on key product initiatives across business functions, including but not limited to, new product launches, sales campaigns.
- Support the learning & development for sales training initiatives
- Update / Monitor internal sources to ensure accuracy of product related information
- Minimum 2 years of work experience in mutual fund or ETF products at an asset management firm including investment product development/management experience
- A solid understanding of asset allocation, investing and performance analytics concepts, familiarity of mutual funds, ETFs and separately managed accounts required
- Strong attention to detail, effective writing, presentation and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and resourcefully as well as collaborate with diverse, multi-functional teams
Master’s degree in a globally recognized post-secondary institution is required