Risk, Corporate Risk, Associate / Vice President, Beijing
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
The Risk Division aims to effectively identify, monitor, evaluate, and manage the firm's financial and operational risks - including reputational risk - in support of the firm's strategic plan. Our Risk D ivision develops comprehensive processes to monitor, assess, and manage the risk of expected and unexpected events that may have an adverse impact on the firm. Risk teams play a critical function for the firm, driving how the firm takes and manages risk. Risk professionals execute critical day-to-day risk management activities, lead projects and contribute to the ongoing advancement of a robust risk management program. Effective coordination with executive management, business units, control departments and technology is critical for success. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Your Role
We are looking for a candidate to work closely with our China Chief Risk Officer, under the support of global Risk Division, to manage financial risks primarily for our China businesses. Whether assessing the creditworthiness of the firm's counterparties, monitoring market risks associated with trading activities, computing liquidity risk metrics, or offering analytical and regulatory compliance support, our work contributes directly to the firm's success. Job Summary & Responsibilities
- Analytics: quantify internal and regulatory risk metrics and prepare associated reporting; impose data quality and completeness controls
- Stress Testing: review methodology and implement workflow to support ad-hoc and regulatory stress testing requirement
- Risk limit oversight: setting risk appetite, calibrate risk limits, monitor risk limit utilization, escalate and remediate limit exceptions
- Market surveillance: monitor news flow to keep abreast of macro indicators, industry trend, market volatility, and areas of vulnerability
- Business engagement: engage directly with the risk taking businesses to understand strategy, approve transactions, enforce limits, and challenge proposals
- Regulatory interaction: explain the firm's risk posture, clarify rule interpretations, respond to industry survey and data requests, and support advocacy discussions
- Governance: ongoing evaluation of compliance with regulatory regimes, new activity impact assessments and approvals, maintenance of policies and procedures
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Strong verbal (native level Mandarin required) and written communication skills in Chinese and English
- Strong academic background, preferably in quantitative fields such as computer science, applied mathematics, engineering or statistics, though not required
- Interest in financial markets and risk management, motivated by learning and continuous improvement
- Ability to work independently, form own judgment/opinions, provide insights and drive change
- Proactive with strong analytical, interpersonal and communication skills and ability to build relationships remotely
- Ability to interact with and build relationships with people from different departments and levels of seniority
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity