Sales and Trading Lawyer, Vice President/Executive Director , Beijing or Shanghai
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm's employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 43 countries. As a market leader, the talent and passion of our people is critical to our success. Together, we share a common set of values rooted in integrity, excellence and strong team ethic. Morgan Stanley can provide a superior foundation for building a professional career - a place for people to learn, to achieve and grow. A philosophy that balances personal lifestyles, perspectives and needs is an important part of our culture. Department Profile
Professionals within Legal and Compliance provide a wide range of services to our business units. They might help to structure a complex and sensitive cross-border transaction; advise on a new product introduction; develop a training program or defuse an investor dispute. They preserve the Firm’s invaluable reputation for integrity and protect the Firm from sanctions with policies and procedures that meet regulatory requirements around the world. They also strive to maintain cooperative relationships with governmental policy makers and the regulatory and self-regulatory agencies that govern the Firm’s businesses. Background on the Position
We are looking to hire a senior sales and trading lawyer at Vice President or Executive Director level based in Beijing or Shanghai. Reporting directly to the Head of China Legal, we are looking for candidates with enthusiasm, strong initiative and problem solving mind-set, who can manage a diverse and complex workload meeting tight deadlines with responsibility for, amongst other things, the following:
- Providing legal, regulatory and transactional advice on fixed income business and institutional equity investment business for the Firm, including advice on regulatory changes, industry initiatives, policy developments and cross-border regulatory issues.
- Engage with colleagues in other regions to ensure consistent practices across the Firm.
- Responding to regulatory inquiries and initiatives.
- Resolving issues relating to suitability of transactions, franchise protection and sound management of conflicts of interests.
- Work closely with colleagues in Compliance and other infrastructure groups across the Firm.
- Managing outside counsel.
- Participating on industry working groups.