Secretariat Associate / Officer - Board Operations
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The primary responsibility of the Secretariat Associate/Officer in the Board Operations Team of the AIIB Corporate Secretariat will be to support AIIB's Board of Directors, the Committees under the Board and the International Advisory Panel (IAP) as they execute their responsibilities in the context of governance to ensure the achievement of the Bank's mandate.
- Implement and manage the procedural processes of Board operations;
- Undertake researches on governance practices and recommending continual enhancements to strengthen operational efficiency, transparency, and procedural integrity;
- Support the engagement of the Board on subject issues and investment operations;
- Manage disclosure of governance information and Board decisions in accordance with the Bank's Public Information Policy and established Board decisions/practices for continual enhancement of transparency and efficiency;
- Lead quality assurance of official documents and presentations for the Board in accordance with the Bank's international relations policy;
- Support constituency meetings, Board/Committee workshops and retreats, and the Board visit to AIIB's member countries;
- Work as an effective and trusted communication channel between the Board, the Committees/IAP and the Bank's Management and its departments;
- Manage the election/selection processes for the Board/Committees/IAP and Board appointments of the Bank's senior Management;
- Contribute to the continual strengthening of facilities for the virtual presence and connectivity of the Board; and
- Other tasks as may be assigned by the Corporate Secretary.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of work experience in related fields, preferably in international or diplomatic organizations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and diplomatic skills with a proven track record.
- Ability to communicate with and convince internal and external stakeholders at a high level with appropriate governance solutions.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Able to work independently, take ownership of responsibilities, and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- University degree (Master's degree or higher) preferably in communications, business, economics, finance, international relations, international development or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.