Senior Infrastructure Standards Officer (MCDF)
The Multilateral Cooperation Center for Development Finance (MCDF) is a multilateral platform designed to increase high-quality connectivity investments in developing countries through wider application of accredited International Financial Institutions (IFIs) standards and to encourage other investors and financial institutions to adopt these standards. The MCDF activities include information sharing, building capacity and project preparation. The MCDF comprises:
- A Collaboration Platform, overseen and directed by the Coordination Committee (CC), to promote communication and collaboration between partner governments, IFIs and emerging market investors about standards and best practices, and infrastructure pipelines.
- A Finance Facility, overseen and directed by the Governing Committee (GC), to support grants to activities of the MCDF.
- A Secretariat to support the day-to-day operations of the MCDF.
- An Administrator to provide other, mainly financial, services to the MCDF.
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) serves as the Administrator of the MCDF and host of the Secretariat with effect from June 30, 2020. The Secretariat will provide program management and administrative services to support the Finance Facility and the Collaboration Platform. It will be administratively established by, but functionally independent from, AIIB. Recognizing its functional independence, the Secretariat will be accountable to the GC for its activities while remaining accountable to the Administrator for complying with its administrative rules and procedures. The operations of the MCDF, including positions of the MCDF Secretariat, are subject to the availability of funds contributed to the MCDF.
The Senior Infrastructure Standards Officer will be one of the senior members of the Platform Team of the MCDF Secretariat that is responsible for supporting the Collaboration Platform. The post-holder will be responsible for leading the Collaboration Platform's work in information-sharing on IFI standards and best practices (with a particular focus on debt sustainability, environmental and social safeguards, fossil fuel investments and promoting clean energy, preventing and combating fraud and corruption, procurement, and transparency and disclosure of information).
- Develop and implement a strategy to achieve the targets in the MCDF Results Framework for the Collaboration Platform's work on standards and best practices.
- Generate innovative ideas for Platform events, knowledge products, practitioner networks and other activities on standards and best practices.
- Commission, supervise and quality assure the implementation of activities on standards and best practices by members of the Platform Team that leads the delivery of events, knowledge products and MCDF's Jigsaw online platform.
- Together with the Head of the Platform Team, lead the promotion of the Platform's work on standards and best practices with partner IFIs, developing country governments, emerging market investors and other infrastructure actors.
- Ensure the collection of rigorous monitoring and evaluation data on the Platform's work in order to track progress, and learn and adapt to maximize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide support to the Program team as required, on its capacity building and project preparation projects with respect to infrastructure standards and best practices.
- Minimum 8-10 years of experience working on environmental, social and governance standards for investments in developing countries, at least some of which was for multilateral development banks.
- Able to work independently and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Strategic and results-focused thinker.
- Strong sense of teamwork and collaboration.
- Able to see the opportunity and take initiative to put a plan into action.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English. Written material must be print ready.
- Master's degree or equivalent in economics/finance, infrastructure, social development, climate and environment, governance or other related fields from a reputable university.
The MCDF is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.