Senior Investment Operations Specialist - Urban
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for Southeast Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
The Investment Operations Region 2 - Infrastructure Investment Department is scaling up its support to urban sector programs in client countries and looking to recruit experienced and talented urban specialists. The Senior Investment Operations Specialist - Urban will contribute to AIIB's lending program by supporting the identification, preparation, implementation, and supervision of urban investment projects. The Senior Specialist will be responsible for understanding and responding to urban challenges and opportunities in Asia, including urbanization (demographic shifts and social changes, economic, structural and spatial transformation), climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable development, urban local governance, technology and innovation among others. The Senior Specialist will also engage with other departments for issues relating to the sector.
- Lead and manage project teams consisting of various specialists to prepare and deliver high-quality investment projects in an efficient and timely manner.
- Ensure that AIIB policy requirements are followed and that all key technical/economic/financial/fiduciary/social/environmental issues and cross-sectoral issues (if any) are considered and properly addressed.
- Carry out due diligence and institutional assessments on executing agencies, including implementation capacity assessments of project counterparts.
- Support capacity development in relevant implementing entities to plan, design, construct and operate infrastructure, provide services, and address potential social and economic challenges.
- Lead or participate in dialogue and collaboration with clients and development partners on strategic areas/topics such as climate change, disaster risk management, sustainable development, and climate resilient infrastructure, etc.
- Cooperate with co-financiers on financing projects and lead AIIB teams to conduct necessary due diligence for those projects.
- Manage the business development in specific countries and regions assigned to obtain a healthy pipeline of urban projects.
- Provide quality technical contributions required for urban planning and other urban development-related areas in line with AIIB business needs.
- Minimum 8-10 years of relevant working experience in the urban sector.
- Extensive international project experience in the urban sector (particularly in capacity-constrained countries) would be an advantage. Experience working with multilateral development banks or development financing institutions would be desirable.
- Experience working on or leading teams and/or demonstrated potential qualities for leadership.
- Strong organizational and project management skills to conduct day-to-day management of a large and complex project portfolio.
- Proficient oral and written communication skills in English, knowledge of a language(s) of a country in which AIIB invests would be an advantage.
- Master's degree or equivalent in engineering/science, urban design and planning, environment engineering, disaster risk management, business management or other related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
Join in AIIB's mission to promote sustainable infrastructure investments and to improve social and economic outcomes in Asia and beyond.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.