Senior Relationship Manager
- Beijing, Beijing Shi, China
- Not specified
- S&P Global
- 18 Feb 19
Senior Relationship Manager
The Team and the impact: S&P Global Market Intelligence, a division of S&P Global (NYSE:SPGI), is currently searching for a Senior Relationship Manager to join our Relationship Management team in Beijing, China. The Senior Relationship Manager will be responsible for managing our fast growing existing book of business with clients in China and other regions globally. This role will be a key player within the Relationship Management team and will have the opportunity to work closely with external clients as well as internal stakeholders to support and grow S&P Global Market Intelligence's business in China.
- The Relationship Manager will be the owner of designated client relationships and will be responsible to meet revenue growth quota through generating referrals, retaining clients and negotiating price increases for existing clients across a range of financial industries including Commercial Lending and Insurance, Investment Banking, Private Equity, Investment Management, and Non-Financial Corporates throughout Greater China.
- Daily duties include but are not restricted to below:
- Build, maintain and execute on strategic account plans for key clients by working closely with sales reps, junior RMs, product specialists and product teams;
- Proactively engage clients with diagnostic conversations in an effort to promote increased usage and growth in the existing user base as well as to identify new sales opportunities of our services within greenfield;
- Act as main point of contact for all inquiries from existing clients. Engage with client executives at all levels and establish long-lasting relationships to further strengthen our relationship with clients;
- Collaborate with marketing, product development, new sales and client services to drive overall value to existing clients;
- Negotiate annual renewal terms for all products.
What We are Looking For:
- Strong strategic planning and execution abilities;
- Outstanding communication and inter-personal skills;
- Confidence in negotiating terms and prices with clients;
- Candidates with experience in financial services field are preferred;
- Established relationship building and time management skills;
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team-based environment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- At least 5 years plus direct experience working in the financial industry in a client facing or analytical role (financial services sales background is preferred)
- Strong ability to communicate with clients in a clear manner with strong presentation skills
- Ability to pay close attention to detail with a high degree of accuracy
- Fluent in oral and written English, fluency in Mandarin or Cantonese is preferred
- MBA, CFA or CPA candidates are preferred
- Analytical capabilities including financial modelling capabilities preferred
- Corporate Finance knowledge a plus