Senior Secretariat Officer - Shareholder Relations
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 105 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
The primary responsibility of the Senior Secretariat Officer in the Shareholder Relations Team of the AIIB Corporate Secretariat will be to support the Bank's engagement with its Members and, in particular, the Host Country, including through events, meetings, and appropriate protocol and strategic engagement with Members.
- Develop strategic engagement with Members of the Bank and, in particular, engagement with the Host Country, including planning and preparing meetings, providing briefings, and engaging with relevant counterparts at a working level;
- Support strategic event management and planning, working closely with other colleagues in the Corporate Secretariat on events and protocol;
- Undertake and support research on relevant topics;
- Support resource planning and budgeting for the corporate secretariat;
- Support the organization's constituency meetings, Board/Committee workshops and retreat, and Board visits to AIIB Members;
- Contribute to the continuous strengthening of facilities for virtual presence and connectivity to facilitate the Bank's communication with its Members; and
- Such other work related to these duties as may be assigned by the Vice President and Corporate Secretary.
- Minimum 8-10 years of work experience in related fields, preferably in international or diplomatic organizations.
- Experience in strategic studies and international relations.
- Strong interpersonal and organizational abilities as well as excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent cross-cultural communication and diplomatic skills with a proven track record.
- Ability to communicate with and convince internal and external stakeholders at a high level with appropriate governance solutions.
- Able to work independently, take ownership of responsibilities, and thrive on bringing creativity and new thinking to the job.
- Able to multitask, work under pressure and meet deadlines.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Master's degree preferably in communications, business, economics, finance, international relations, international development or related fields.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process. We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability or sexual orientation.
Previous experience and qualifications will determine the grade and job title at which successful applicants will enter AIIB.
Join us and help create a prosperous and sustainable Asia while growing your career in a diverse and innovative environment.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.