Software Engineer - Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Fixed Income, Currency, and Commodities (FICC) Technology plays a key role in the firm's ability to help institutional clients buy and sell financial instruments on liquidity venues around the world, an important revenue driver for the firm. In FICC Technology we use both open source industry standard and internal proprietary technologies to build cutting edge platforms for pricing, execution, and control over each of these millions of transactions.
The FICC Engineering organization is a global team responsible for the technology needs of multiple businesses of the Fixed Income, Currencies & Commodities (FICC) Division -- including Bonds, FX, Interest Rate Swaps, Structured Notes, Commodities and Exotic Derivatives. We are looking to expand our business in China, by growing our team with motivated and experienced technologists who are eager to work in a fast-paced environment. The candidate will be responsible for building new and innovative solutions in addition to enhancing and supporting our existing trading systems and desktop applications.
We have a deep pipeline of business driven project requests aimed at automating trading workflows and increasing our competitive advantage with our clients. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
• Opportunity to learn and utilize different software stacks, in-house and open source, to build software solutions to support FICC business
• Opportunity to acquire in depth knowledge of trading workflows
• Play a big part in design and implementation in a team oriented environment
• Interact directly with the business and other Engineering teams to build innovative trading solutions
• Considerable growth potential for highly motivated developers SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Electrical Engineering or related technical discipline
• Experience in software development, including a clear understanding of data structures, algorithms, software design and core programming concepts
• Expertise in object oriented language
• Strong problem solving and analytical skills
• Interest in fixed income products and building trading systems
• Team player
• Motivation to learn about trading workflows and financial markets
• Native Chinese speaker, business level fluency in English Preferred Qualifications
• Experience in building dynamic desktop applications using Java, Python and Web stack
• Experience in managing vendor systems
• Knowledge of trading workflows and China fixed income markets
• Strong communication skills ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity