Goldman Sachs is making a long-term commitment in China, with the incorporation of a majority-owned subsidiary. Over the next few years, we expect that our firm will become a major player in the local financial market, and we will deploy our institutional and consumer products. We are looking for talented and enthusiastic engineers to join us on this journey, and help build out a broad set of controls for our businesses in China. OUR IMPACT
The IBD Engineering team is responsible for development and support of systems used by the flagship Investment Banking Division to execute M&A and financing companies through debt and equity offerings such as Bond New Issuances and Initial Public Offerings (IPOs).
IBD Engineering is a front office facing team, collaborating closely with IBD Bankers to build business critical platforms used to execute new issue transactions such as IPOs and Bond offerings, solving document digitisation problems or optimizing banker workflows.
As a member of our team in China, you will partner across multiple divisions and engineering teams to create end-to-end solutions. You will be able to innovate and incubate new ideas, and you will learn and share knowledge across the organization. This role is focused on expansion and support of investment banking business in China. Role includes on boarding vendor products, development and support around products deployed to support execution of onshore IBD deals, Vendor Engagement, Regulatory interactions and working alongside onshore and global engineering teams is part of the profile. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS Principal Responsibilities We are looking for exceptional people who:
- Bring proven technical expertise ready to evaluate and on-board vendor platforms supporting expansion of IBD business in China onshore market.
- Respond and support regulatory inquires and inspection working with IBD, Compliance and Engineering stake holders.
- Are interested in a deep understanding of scalable enterprise system design to contribute to global systems leveraged by China IBD.
- Are independent thinkers and motivated by having complete product ownership; identifying requirements, design, coding, testing and deployment.
- Enjoy or want to learn full stack development and deployment working across a breadth of technologies: Java, Spring, Dropwizard, Hibernate.
- Welcome challenges. Your technical expertise will be coupled with superior soft skills, enabling you to partner with our business users directly to translate their needs into innovative technical solutions.
- A Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or a similar field of study
- Understand modern application design, best practices and infrastructure
- 3+ years development experience having a successful track-record of delivering quality code
- Expertise in Java, Python or a similar programming language
- Recent hands-on experience with vendor integration and backend development using Java 8, RESTful services, Spring, Hibernate
- Exposure to Sybase/Oracle (or other relational databases) alongside SQL
- Experience using Agile methodologies, CI/CD, SDLC, DevOps and tools like Git/SVN, Terraform
- Experience with collaborating and deploying vendor systems
- Excellent analytical, problem solving skills and ability to excel in a global team
- Strong communication skills and ability/tenacity to clearly express ideas and arguments in meetings and on paper
- Prior exposure to working with Regulators is an added advantage
- ReactJS/AngularJS (or other UI frameworks) is added advantage