Job Summary & Responsibilities
A team of professionals based in Bengaluru, Beijing, Hong Kong, Melbourne, Singapore, and Tokyo serves the firm's Asia Pacific tax requirements. This team comprises both accountants and lawyers and is responsible for all aspects of the firm's tax affairs in the region, including advising the various businesses, structuring, managing and overseeing compliance, internal tax planning, supervision of tax-related accounting and operations, as well as advising on remuneration design and employee tax matters.
Goldman Sachs seeks a tax associate based in Beijing to be responsible for China tax matters for its tax department reporting to the China Head of Tax. Principal Duties and Responsibilities
- Supporting the following functions with other members of the Tax Department:
- Supervising tax compliance work for various GS entities doing business in China.
- Dealing with tax audits and inquiries together with other members of the Tax Department.
- Dealing with day-to-day tax related questions from internal clients.
- Providing tax advice for financial products / cross border investments / transfer pricing issues / other firm-wide projects.
- Minimum 3 years of corporate tax compliance / advisory experience in the financial sector or potentially an outstanding candidate with industry experience within a large accounting firm; exposure to China corporate income tax and VAT tax laws and regulations as well as double tax treaties; Knowledge of financial industry or financial products would be preferred
- Qualified CPA, CTA or lawyer
- High integrity and reliability; enthusiastic to learn and take responsibility
- Ability to work effectively in a team within or outside of Tax department
- Strong analytical skills & detail oriented approach to work
- Strong control awareness and ability to take a global view on issues
- Ability to work and obtain results under pressure
- Ability to use initiative and come up with innovative solutions and suggestions
- Excellent communication skills required
- Fluent in English and Chinese
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity