Founded in 1997, Schroder Adveq is a leading asset manager investing in private equity globally. It offers specialized investment solutions which allow the firm's clients to access select private market segments through primary, secondary and co-investments.
We manage CHF 9.8 billion on behalf of Schroder Adveq's client base which comprises institutional investors such as pension funds, insurance companies, endowments and other financial institutions located in Europe, North America and the Asia-Pacific region. Many of Schroder Adveq's investors are long-term clients with whom the firm has developed a role as a trusted partner for private markets solutions.
Schroder Adveq has offices in Zurich, Frankfurt, London, Jersey, New York, Beijing and Hong Kong.
The company is 100% owned by Schroders plc, one of the largest global asset managers listed on the London Stock Exchange.
Schroder Adveq's Fund Operations & Services department is organized in a number of teams (Analytics, Fund Accounting, Fund Management, Change Management and Valuations), distributed across offices in Beijing, New York and Zurich.
The organization of Fund Operations & Services is aligned to Schroder Adveq's investment strategies, i.e. a dedicated team of specialists runs the activities related to each investment program. The team heads directly report to the Head of Fund Operations and Services.
Our ambition is to be and remain the competence center for private equity operations covering the whole lifecycle of our investors, funds/mandates and investments, supporting all investment types (primary, secondary and direct-/co-investments) on our in-house PE platform.
We provide a stable private equity operations platform that focus on value delivered to our external and internal stakeholders. With a culture of excellence through collaboration, innovation and continuous improvement, Operations enables Schroder Adveq to deliver the best outcomes for our stakeholders.
In light of the emergent growth of our business, the increasing importance of valuations and new innovative semi-liquid Private Equity products, Schroder Adveq Operations is creating the role of a Private Equity Valuation Analyst. Overview of role
The Private Equity Valuation Analyst is a core member of the Fund Operations and Services team and the Operations department. She/he is - together with her/his team - responsible for monitoring and valuing our private equity investments. Reporting to the Head of Valuation, the Private Equity Valuation Analyst is passionate and demonstrates a sound level of skill, experience and professionalism. Key duties
Support in performing monthly, quarterly and ad-hoc valuations for buyout, growth and venture investments
Support in investment valuation monitoring activities including tracking of relevant KPIs, valuation information and quality control procedures
Monitor and screen for significant market and corporate events pertaining to portfolio companies
Interact with various internal and external parties, in particular investment management, general partners, pricing committees and third party valuation and audit firms
General and Technical skills
- Familiarity with the principles and methodologies used in illiquid assets valuation
- Strong analytical skills and a flair for scrutinizing financial figures
- Good understanding of Private Equity as an asset class
- Experience in working with colleagues and stakeholders globally and sensitivity to cultural differences, time zones etc.
- Excellent command of the English language, both written and spoken
- Knowledge of a programming language and/or business analytics software would be a plus
- Degree in a relevant discipline such as business, finance or accounting (CFA charter holder or working towards a similar designation is a plus)
- One to three years working experience in the financial industry (ideally gained in the area of valuation, Private Equity audit, or other related roles)
- Friendly, approachable, enjoys working with people from a variety of backgrounds
- Well organized and excellent attention to detail
- Capable of remaining positive when under pressure
- Continuous improvement mind-set, challenges the status quo and seeks improvement
- Team player, self-motivated with the ability to work independently
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applications regardless of sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.