Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 1)
The Asian Infrastructure Investment Bank (AIIB) is a multilateral development bank whose mission is financing the Infrastructure for Tomorrow-infrastructure with sustainability at its core. We began operations in Beijing in January 2016 and have since grown to 103 approved members worldwide. We are capitalized up to USD100 billion and Triple-A-rated by the major international credit rating agencies. Working with partners, AIIB meets clients' needs by unlocking new capital and investing in infrastructure that is green, technology-enabled and promotes regional connectivity.
AIIB's Investment Operations comprises two regional teams, 1 and 2. Each regional team is led by a Vice President (VP) and reporting staff includes client relations specialists, technical specialists, and bankers. Region 1 is responsible for South East Asia, the Pacific Islands, and South Asia (except Pakistan and Afghanistan), while Region 2 covers Pakistan, Afghanistan, Central Asia, East Asia, West Asia, Europe, Africa and Latin America.
We are looking for a Vice President for Investment Operations (Region 1) to lead the planning, implementation and supervision of AIIB's investment operations under their responsibility in Region 1 by identifying and transacting high quality investment operations consistent with the Bank's Articles of Agreement, and policies and strategies approved by the Board of Directors, together with decisions and instructions of the President.
The Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 1) reports directly to the President.
Authority and Functions
- Ensure the quality of investment projects and the achievement of the investment objectives of the Bank, including satisfactory project delivery results in client countries.
- Serve as a member of the Executive Committee and advise the President on the Bank's investment operations consistent with the Bank's Articles of Agreement and policies and strategies approved by the Board of Directors.
- Co-chair the Investment Committee with the Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 2)
- Responsible for the planning, delivery and implementation of the Bank's investment operations in Region 1.
- Serve as a member of the Screening Committee to select project proposals for AIIB's investment pipeline.
- Conduct and maintain dialogue with client countries in Region 1 on their strategic infrastructure priorities and overall investment program.
- Coordinate with the Vice Presidency for Investment Operations (Region 2) and the Vice Presidency for Policy and Strategy on country programming.
- Work together with the Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 2) to establish and maintain an up-to-date client information database.
- Work together with the Vice President, Investment Operations (Region 2) to monitor the implementation of AIIB's loan and investment portfolio to ensure that the implementation of projects financed by the Bank are compliant with the Bank's policies and procedures, and any corrective actions as may be needed are taken in a timely manner.
- Work together with the Vice President, Operations (Region 2) to develop a portfolio management methodology and processes that incorporate international good practices.
- Implement the policies and procedures for the Bank's investment operations, including environment and social, procurement, and financial management.
- Engage in and promote policy dialogue with appropriate shareholder authorities on issues of strategic relevance to the Bank's investment operations.
- Upon appointment by the President, act as an office holder under any Bank policy.
- Organize and structure the work of their Vice-Presidency, consistent with the Bank's highest standards of efficiency and technical competence, in accordance with the purpose and functions of the Bank.
- Such other authority and functions, reasonably related to the foregoing, as may from time to time be assigned by the President.
- Minimum 20 years of experience in a leadership/management capacity and position of influence in a multilateral development bank(s) and/or large complex global financial institution or in the public sector.
- Strong operational experience managing regional infrastructure investment strategies/programs.
- Substantial professional experience in at least one, preferably two of AIIB's primary sectors (Transport, Energy, Water, Urban).
- Strategic visioning and effective communication skills, excellent oral and written communication skills in English, with the ability to represent the Bank in public forums with ease.
- Effective managerial and interpersonal skills, and ability to manage a diverse team.
- Master's degree equivalent or higher in related fields from a reputable university.
AIIB is committed to diversity, transparency, and inclusion. We believe our strength comes from having a team with the right diverse skills, experiences and abilities selected through a merit-based competitive process.
We actively encourage applications from people from both within and outside AIIB members, regardless of nationality, religion, gender, race, disability, or sexual orientation.
ALL CURRENT VACANCIES
* Closing Date: All opportunities close at 24:00 GMT+8 on the dates listed.
** Job Type: Recruitment of staff is conducted through a merit-based competitive selection process. AIIB shall strive to provide employment opportunities open to all suitably qualified applicants, regardless of religion, gender, race, disability, sexual orientation or nationality.