My client is a leading agricultural trading house that is looking to hire a Country Finance Controller to cover China market in their Shanghai office. This role will work closely with exceptional leadership and will be involved in their entire agriculture trading business in China.
Job Title: Country Finance Controller
Functional Area: Finance & Accounts
Location: Shanghai, China
Main business models: Domestic trading, processing & exports, direct indent sales and commodity futures. Aim is to grow these businesses, especially domestic trading, significantly and add more businesses of import & redistribution and origination.
- Budgeting & planning: Actively participate in the preparation of the annual budgets, comparison of actual performance against the budget, identifying and analyzing variance devise and monitor the implementation of necessary
- Timely & accurate Financial Reporting: Timely financial and audit pack reporting as per Corporate Financial Consolidation Group timelines. Also ensuring local statutory reporting requirements & timelines are met. Interfacing with local & group statutory
- Timely and accurate Group Management Reporting: Monthly MIS and BRM reporting as per Corporate Management Consolidation Group timelines. Interfacing with group Internal Auditor and Risk Office teams and driving compliance with group
- Financial planning & analytics: Ensuring a robust & effective management reporting framework with insightful analytics to aid business planning & performance & to support organizational improvement
- Financial & business controls: Establishing a framework for review & implementation of effective financial and business controls across various businesses in order to prevent controllable
- Efficient management of the treasury function including projection of future cash flows, arranging adequate funds to meet day to day requirements and ensure that the disbursements are within the approved operational cash flows. This includes liaising with banks, monitoring of daily cash balances and submission of cash flow statements. Ensuring compliance with all relevant local statutes and adherence to all covenants in banking relationships.
- Tax administration: Laying down processes and policies to drive direct & indirect tax compliance; identifying tax optimization opportunities; ensuring robust transfer pricing policies &
- Smooth operation of the MIS and computerized accounting system and take necessary actions for systems upgrading to cope with the changing
- To initiate, review, assess and implement programs to continuously improve the productivity of all processes and systems within the organization and to advise and guide the operational managers in carrying out work flow analysis and other techniques for systems improvement and cost
- Value creation: To proactively seek out opportunities for adding value to the organization through improvements in Fixed and Working Capital productivity and
- Charted accountant (or equivalent) with experience of around 15
- Key strengths would be team management, problem solving, decision making and value orientation
- Willing to relocate to/ Based in Shanghai