AI Lead Scientist - Vice President人工智能及数据科学副总裁
Who we are looking for
The AI Lead Scientist - Vice President will work with other AI agile team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and support deployment of the resulting AI services while focusing on scientific implementation and validation of quantitative financial models.
State Street's Automation and Artificial Intelligence is a strategic global team. It is formed under direction of management committee of the company. It has the mission to explore, enable and exploit artificial intelligence, machine learning, natural language processing, computer vision and cognitive computing at scale for countless use cases across Global Delivery, Global Advisors, Global Markets, and Global Exchange business lines. The team has a mixed of intelligence technology, quantitative modeling, data science, financial engineering, and software engineering capabilities. The team has built solutions for investment and risk management related domains such as eFX trading, equity market movement, credit rating, sentiment analysis, valuation, investment strategy, fund innovation as well as operational and client experience related use cases. This team will engage the business to explore, prototype, and solution use cases while also building out a portfolio of foundational micro services in the State Street's hybrid cloud. What you will be responsible for
Education & Preferred Qualifications
- Responsible for overall delivery of assigned project and/or product from project management, model development and validation, IT implementation and Quality Assurance
- Become subject matter expert in low level model and algorithm design, development, and validation by converting financial data and models to mathematical and computer science level design and implementation with consideration of space and time complexity
- Integrate, customize, and train well known model and algorithm in open source libraries to solve financial market problem and perform validation and bug fixes
- Build models and algorithms from scratch time to time and perform validation including but not limited to goal function, loss function, accuracy function, error function, similarity function, optimization function, and simulation function depending on type of problem and technique used
- Write model specification with lead financial engineer and modeler about problem statement, assumption, data input, methodology, implementation framework, and test result
- Support IT integration, QA/UAT and deployment of Cognitive micro services, operationalizing and productizing resulting models and cognitive solutions
- Support production issue pertinent to model and algorithm including the ones used in open source libraries if any
Experience in any of the following is highly desirable:
- Master degree required (preferably in computer science, mathematical finance, and financial engineering), PhD from top ranked university preferred
- 7+ years of hands on experience with classical AI/ML algorithms and familiar with deep learning neural network like various CNN and RNN based models and comfortable with natural language processing and computer vision algorithms.
- 7+ years of solid modern, object-oriented or functional programming and design experience (Python, C++, SQL)
- Solid background in mathematics including but not limited to statistics, probability theory, PDE, linear algebra, stochastic calculus, differential equations etc.
- Familiar with major financial instrument, reference data, market data, investment and risk management concept
- Fluent with English and Mandarin; Excellent written and verbal communication skills at all stakeholder levels across multiple countries
- Result driven, detail oriented, candid attitude
About State Street What we do.
- Prior data scientist role in financial institution and model validation experience
- Prior risk and investment management experience in asset management industry
- Data Science and Machine Learning Frameworks (TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, Apache Spark / MLlib etc.)
- Linux / Bash scripting, structured and unstructured data management tools (Snowflake, Graph DB, PostgreSQL, Hadoop, etc.)
- Continuous integration & development environments and tools (Azure, AWS, GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc.)
- Charted Financial Analyst (CFA)
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers