Application Developer, Officer
Who we are looking for
Foreign exchange is the largest financial market in the world. Over the past decade, electronification of this market has led to the widespread use of machine learning techniques for the design and implementation of automated trading strategies. The eFX business at State Street makes markets in foreign exchange, directly with counterparts, on exchanges and e-trading venues around the globe. We believe that collaboration drives innovation, and a rigorous quantitative approach is key to our success. Our developers are at the key to our business success. We employ people from a diverse set of backgrounds, but primarily we look for:
What you will be responsible for
- Creative thinkers who are motivated by challenging problems
- Desire to work within a collaborative, team-driven environment
- Solid knowledge of Java in low-latency infrastructure and architecture
- Proven success working with large scaling software or financial system
- Experience developing low-latency, high performance system in a trading environment is desirable but not necessary
As an Application Developer you will
What we value
- be closely working with other senior developers, architect, product owner, business users, traders, sales and engaging into technical improvement projects.
- Work on the business delivery projects
- Build and implement application running environment, and developing low-latency performance testing environment.
- Work on integration with external banking services via FIX, TOF or other Financial exchanging protocols.
- Run integration/conformance tests with external financial institutes.
- Be proactively support the production environment, detect live issue, and resolve them in a certain short window.
These skills will help you succeed in this role
Secondary Skills (Good to Have)
- 3 years+ working experience with Java
- Experience with software development lifecycle and software development common practices (code reviews, unit testing etc.).
- Ability to drive development/testing/support activities by effectively coordinating with multiple stakeholders globally.
- Developers should have solid working knowledge of
- Java APIs like JMS
- secure coding principles and web security concerns
- web services
- Strong Java 1.8 core features such as functional programming and Lambda
- other common open source libraries
- Extensively worked on performance-critical, low-latency and high-throughput, multithreaded systems developed using Core Java technologies
- Strong communication skills, detail oriented, and highly responsible. English is a must.
- Ability to learn new technologies.
Why this role is important to us
- Experience with Cassandra is a plus
- Experience with GWT is a plus
- Past experience working in the Financial industry highly preferred
- Experience with Caching technologies
- Prior experience on working on FX eTrading platforms which have low latency, high-frequency messaging and high throughput requirements, previously worked on high-frequency Algorithmic Trading platform is a big plus
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions that help us become an end-to-end, next-generation financial services company.
Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry. About State Street What we do.
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
- Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers