Business Controls, Off
Why this role is important to us:
Reporting dually to Business Risk Management APAC and to the Country Head or their delegate, the Business Risk Manager has responsibility for performing tasks and managing initiatives associated with First Line of Defense functions and implementation for Hangzhou and Beijing Branch.
The Business Risk Manager must demonstrate solid operational expertise, project management or people management experience in order to support best practices and implementation of regulatory requirements within the Business Unit. Strong communication and relationship management skills are also desirable to build a true partnership between Business Risk Management APAC and Business Units.
The role will also provide opportunities and exposure to a broad spectrum of significant regulatory initiatives such as executing on programs related but not limited to Conflicts of Interest, Volcker Rule and Privacy, and the driving of best practices across multiple businesses in the region. What you will be responsible for:
As Business Risk Manager, Officer, you will:
What we value:
- Lead and/or coordinate across appropriate business units' implementation of activities in relation to regulatory, governance and first line of defense initiatives and projects, such as but not limited to:
- Anti-money laundering (AML) ongoing initiatives
- Volcker Rule
- KYC screening
- Conflicts of Interest
- Business Risk Management
- Participate as a representative of the local business unit in regional or global working groups as required
- Lead or support local working groups and coordinate with management to determine appropriate participation
- Lead or support regional initiatives when required
- Support business as usual 'BAU' regulatory related activities when required
- Review and provide feedback on policy and procedure documents as directed by the Business Risk Management APAC
- Implement policies and procedures as directed by the Business Risk Management APAC
- Periodically communicate and share first line of defense related information and updates across business groups
- Facilitate and support training and educational activities across businesses
- Support quality control activities as directed by the Business Risk Management APAC
- Production of accurate reporting that clearly articulates the FLOD initiatives
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Proven track record in a change management/project management, although not mandatory will be highly regarded
- Demonstrated market knowledge and understanding of operational processes and the required controls
- Embraces State Street's "corporate values" and support a work environment reflective of those values
- Proven ability to communicate in a clear, concise and professional manner at all levels of staff and management
- Ability to quickly and effectively absorb new concepts and business knowledge
- Demonstrates the ability to analyze a problem, obtain and evaluate information, and reach sound conclusions
- Possesses a focus on risk excellence, with proven risk evaluation, mitigation and management skills
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of management
- Ability to work collaboratively across multiple business and other internal groups
- Self-motivated and capable of working independently as well as be an effective team player and collaborator
- Demonstrates effective time management skills and has proven ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrates the ability to influence and create a unified vision
- Ability to be flexible and to adapt to changing circumstances
- Critical thinker, tactical with an ability to proactively challenge exceptions, explanations, processes and procedures
- Takes responsibility and ownership of tasks assigned
About State Street What we do.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent
State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients. Work, Live and Grow.
We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential. Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility.
We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers