Cognitive Engineer- AVP
Why this role is important to us:
Our technology function, Global Technology Services (GTS), is vital to State Street and is the key enabler for our business to deliver data and insights to our clients. We're driving the company's digital transformation and expanding business capabilities using industry best practices and advanced technologies such as cloud, artificial intelligence and robotics process automation.
We offer a collaborative environment where technology skills and innovation are valued in a global organization. We're looking for top technical talent to join our team and deliver creative technology solutions. Join us if you want to grow your technical skills, solve real problems and make your mark on our industry.
What you will be responsible for:
In your role as Cognitive Engineer, you will work with other Automation & AI team members through the phases of use-case data exploration and prototyping to the design, implementation and deployment of the resulting Cognitive services supporting use-cases.
* Work with a team of data scientists, machine learning engineers, software engineers and QA engineers.
* Perform data collection, preprocessing, feature engineering, data visualization and analysis.
* Build automation of data collection and preprocessing.
* Build models to address business problems.
* Engage with lines of business, users and analysts to explore and prototype opportunities and use-cases exploiting data and the application of cognitive and machine learning technologies.
* Design, develop, test and support Cognitive microservices to operationalize and productize deployment of resulting models and cognitive solutions.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
Self-motivated and result oriented.
Value collaboration and eager to learn new techniques.
Modern, object-oriented or functional programming experience, (Java, Python, SQL)
Experience with Big-Data technologies and cloud (AWS, other)
Agile development methodology.
CI/CD Development environments and tools (GIT, Maven, Jenkins, etc)
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
* Master degree in Computer Science or related is preferred.
* 3+ years related work experience.
* Strong organizational, multitasking, analytical and time management skills.
* Strong written and verbal communication skills in both English and Chinese.
* Meet one of below three directions:
Formal education in Data Science, statistics or specialization in Machine Learning.
Strong skills in 1 or more programming languages - Python,R or Java for machine learning applications.
Clarity with Model Lifecycle Management concepts, including concepts of algorithmic risk reviews.
Has done production scale machine learning deployments before (not limited to courses, sandbox, or proof of concepts).
Experience with at least one Data Science and Machine Learning Frameworks like TensorFlow, Scikit-learn, etc.
Experience with Setting up machine learning problems using Time Series, Anomaly Detection, Natural Language Processing etc.
Evaluating performance and efficacy of Machine Learning problems.
Ability to work on advanced machine learning concepts - neural networks, reinforcement learning etc.
2. Relational/Data Engineer
Expertise with data analysis and design using 1 or more relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.).
Experience with 1 or more large scale legacy or Warehouse conversions or master data management products.
Ability to present complex data relationships with simplification - using Dashboards, Visualization or other forms of tools and communication (Tableau etc.).
Experience with building data intensive applications, modelling requirements into Data Flow and ER diagrams, and then into schema design.
Experience writing DML and DDL scripts.
Experience with PL/SQL, 1 or more newer data paradigms like Graph DB (Neo4J, Blazegraph, others) as well as Object based stores.
Strong skills in database and query optimization.
3. Architect / Developer Focus
• Ability to multi-task, leads multiple projects, very strong sense of innovating, experimenting, initiative and ownership.
• Strong skills in designing end to end applications across multiple tiers including Infrastructure.
• 1 or more programming languages - Python or Java. Expert level.
• 1 or more Relational databases (Oracle, PostgreSQL, MySQL, etc.). Expert level.
• 1 or more Web service development standards - REST, GRPC, Microservices, SOA etc. operating on Public or Private Clouds.
• Middleware concepts and implementation experience - messaging queues, Kafka etc.
• Clarity with Software Development Release Lifecycle Management.
• Strong understanding of security concepts.
• Strong Devops skills (VM based architectures, Docker, Kubernetes)/ Build-concepts / CICD experience with ability to work beyond local development environments up to enterprise deployments.
Inquisitive, willing to learn new communication, process, technology skills.
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers