DataGX Client Impl, Officer
The State Street Global Exchange Data Solutions team is seeking experienced, Data Modelers to help us build and sustain our client's data capabilities and competitive advantage using the GX Data Solutions services and product offerings. DataGX provides its clients with a more effective integration channel with their service partners while reducing both operational and technology cost and complexity, we offer a comprehensive range of solutions and capabilities including: Data as a Service (DaaS), Data Aggregation Services, Value-Added Services such as Data Management Strategy Consulting, Risk Reporting and Virtual Data Marts.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of conceptual, logical and physical data models, knowledge of data analysis, data integration, data modeling, database design, and data warehousing; demonstrated ability to write and tune efficient SQL code; knowledge of BI and visualization tools.
- Supports the data collection method, infrastructure design, data profiling, data cleansing, and normalization of enterprise data to support decision making, reporting and analytics, and external vendor data extracts on behalf of GX clients
- Ensures data integrity by analyzing, testing, validating and certifying data system tables that are consistent with business requirements and technical specification documents.
- Develop the conceptual/logical data models with appropriate business contexts
- Supports the creation, configuration, optimization and troubleshoots SQL programming
- Ability and proficiency at leveraging tools and technology to drive value for clients e.g. database management systems such as Oracle, data modeling tools such as IBM Data Architect, BI and visualization tools such as Tableau, Tibco Spotfire and NoSQL and "Big Data" tools such as Hadoop
- BS in a technical discipline required; MS preferred
- 3+ years of professional experience working in a related role
- Experience modeling complex databases using third party modelling tools such as ERWin.
- Experience in developing logical and physical data models in complex, multi-application environments.
- Experience designing model with an eye toward high performance, scalability, and high availability
- Must work collaboratively with other data modelers and data analysts and applying defined standards.
- Knowledge of standards and specifications such as XML and XSD
- Knowledge of advanced SQL query techniques.
- Must be innovative, resourceful, and exhibit a positive attitude
- Knowledge and experience working within financial services preferred