Procurement & Sourcing, Officer
Who we are looking for:
For the Procurement team to which the Procurement & Sourcing Officer is assigned, completion of high quality deliverables within the committed timeframe are critical. Why this role is important to us:
The team you will be joining plays an important role in the overall success of the organization. Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. To make that happen we need teams like yours to help navigate employees and the organization as a whole. In your role you will strive for cutting-edge solutions, that are straightforward and scalable. You will help us build resilience and execute day to day deliverables at our best.
Join us if making your mark in the financial services industry from day one is a challenge you are up for. What you will be responsible for:
As Procurement and Sourcing Officer you will:
- Responding to and taking action on email requests in a timely manner
- Identifying and resolving problem transactions, ensuring that the resolution is well-documented and communicated to the appropriate parties
- Adhering to SLA's and SOP's currently established
- Self-review of deliverables for first pass accuracy and presenting results, findings as needed
- Participates in or manages function specific projects as needed
- Working with Bu customers, suppliers, on issue query and resolution.
- Ability to do negotiation with suppliers/vendors to achieve best deal for State Street
- Ability to adapt to shifting priorities, meet deadlines and effectively execute in a fast paced environment
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively.
- Collaborates with business stakeholders to identify and implement new opportunities while also troubleshooting issues and helping to drive understanding of the procurement process
- Performs all duties in accordance with prescribed regulatory compliance guidelines.
- Provide monthly financial reporting and analysis on key Procurement metrics
- Identify risks and opportunities related to achieving financial objectives, working with process partners to mitigate risks and realize opportunities
- Process Re-Engineering, Standardization, and Automation:
- Assist with the implementation/identification of the Re-Engineering, Standardization, Automation opportunities.
What we value:
These skills will help you succeed in this role:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Word, Visio), advance levels of Excel (pivot tables, formulas, excel workbook maintenance best practices)
- Independent decision-making capabilities, demonstrated thought leadership
- Pride of ownership with the ability to deliver high quality results timely
- Self-motivated, self-assured, and self-managed
- Strong attention to details
- Problem solving skill
- Highly organized with ability to multi-task and work under high pressure deadlines
- Must be able to work in a fast paced environment
- Stays current in a demanding and changing business environment with new approaches, tools, methods and/or technologies that may impact the business. Quickly assimilates and understands a constant stream of new information
Education & Preferred Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree 2-4years of progressive experience in Procurement area.
- Experience of building and maintaining control environment with focus of customer experience.
- Proven self-starter who can work independently and with teams, effectively juggle multiple priorities, and has a strong track record of delivering outstanding results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Personal resilience to work within an extremely fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, communication, conflict resolution and stakeholder relationship management skills to engage others, build consensus and resolve issues
About State Street
What we do. State Street is one of the largest custodian banks, asset managers and asset intelligence companies in the world. From technology to product innovation we're making our mark on the financial services industry. For more than two centuries, we've been helping our clients safeguard and steward the investments of millions of people. We provide investment servicing, data & analytics, investment research & trading and investment management to institutional clients.
Work, Live and Grow. We make all efforts to create a great work environment. Our benefits packages are competitive and comprehensive. Details vary in locations, but you may expect generous medical care, insurance and savings plans among other perks. You'll have access to flexible Work Program to help you match your needs. And our wealth of development programs and educational support will help you reach your full potential.
Inclusion, Diversity and Social Responsibility. We truly believe our employees' diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspective are a powerful contributor to creating an inclusive environment where everyone can thrive and reach their maximum potential while adding value to both our organization and our clients. We warmly welcome the candidates of diverse origin, background, ability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity and personality. Another fundamental value at State Street is active engagement with our communities around the world, both as a partner and a leader. You will have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, matching gift program and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you.
State Street is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Discover more at StateStreet.com/careers