Asset Management Division
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading investment managers. Goldman Sachs Asset Management provides institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices. China Treasury Facilitation
Goldman Sachs has a long term strategic plan in China, as evidenced by the recent announcement of [51%] ownership of our local securities joint venture. As part of the strategic plan to build out our China footprint and franchise, Goldman Sachs Asset Management, a business line within Goldman Sachs, is pursuing various initiatives in order to established a long term strategic business line onshore in China.
This role will form part of the core treasury facilitation team to contribute to Goldman Sachs Asset Management building out its franchise and footprint in China. The role provides essential risk management and control, preserving and enhancing the firm's assets and its reputation. We're looking for a professional individual who wants to apply their financial market knowledge and further develop in a growing sector of the asset management. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
- Bank account management and liquidity and cash management, including not limited to open bank accounts as required, process payment screening, manage payments to counterparties, provide cash projections and conduct bank account reconciliations.
- Understand and adhere the firm's policies on payment management and documentations
- Handle business and management ad-hoc queries and requests, respond to business queries on a timely basis
- Participate in firm wide platform changes relating to payment management
- Manage risks in the process by implementing and reviewing relevant controls
- Conduct data analysis to identify the trend/root cases in order to effectively engage the stakeholders to address problems and opportunities for improvements
- Work with internal departments/divisions including Engineering and Finance from a treasury facilitation operating angle
- Build relationships with businesses at all levels within the corporation will be a key success factor for this position
- Bachelor's degree with 3-5 years' experience for associate and 1-3 years' experience for analyst in relevant profiles
- Knowledge and experience in finance, treasury support, accounts payable.
- Excellent knowledge of spreadsheets and MS Office products
- Strong communication/presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills to develop/sustain good working relationships with other teams and stakeholders
- Excellent partnership building skills and strong customer service perspective
- Good problem solving skills
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity