Internal Audit is the 3rd line of defense of the firm. The role of the Internal Audit is to provide independent, objective and timely assurance and is a function designed to assist the Board and management and regulators by: Communicating and reporting on the effectiveness of the firm's governance, risk management and controls that mitigate current and evolving risks; Raising awareness of control risk; Assessing the firm's control culture and conduct risks; and Monitoring management's implementation of control measures. It comprised of business audit team and technology audit team. General Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of business areas, its products, and supporting functions
- Assist in every step of an audit including scoping, planning, fieldwork and reporting
- Execute audit testing to ensure audit fieldwork is focused on the right areas and documentation meets high quality standards
- Identify risks, assess mitigating controls, and make recommendations on improving the control environment
- Prepare commercially effective audit conclusions and findings, and present to IA senior management and business clients
- Follow-up on open audit issues and their resolution
- Assist in the audit team's continuous monitoring effort to cover market and regulatory events, business and technology updates and audit/reviews completed
- Strong English and Mandarin communication skills (written and verbal) a must.
- Strong project and time management skills
- Good communicator who can manage multiple stakeholders, keen to drive consensus and influence the outcomes
- Excellent team player who is enthusiastic, motivated to learn and detailed oriented
- University degree in Finance, Accounting, or with quantitative discipline, and ideally a graduate degree in a related subject
- 5-7 years of experience in a public accounting or internal audit role within the financial services industry or a related control function is preferred
- In-depth technical knowledge of asset management/wealth management related product areas including experience in central compliance functions, regulatory, legal, anti-financial crime, anti-money laundering, anti-bribery process
- Relevant certification or industry accreditation (e.g., CPA, CA, CFA, CIA, CAMS, CFE)
- Prior experience in audit of financial services industry, especially in asset management/wealth management related sectors
- Experience with Agile Auditing and Data Analytics is a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity