Strategic growth and acquisition dominates this organisations 3 to 5 year vision for the APAC region.
Our client is one of the worlds most recognisable MNCs in the FMCG sector. The APAC business is headquartered in Shanghai but the organisation has a significant footprint across ANZ, SEA, Japan, Korea as well as China.
- Build the long-term enterprise strategy to deliver sustainable, profitable growth
- Lead the internal consulting team and act as a business partners to Managing Director and the Sr. Leadership team
- Shape business development by leading the evaluation of M&A and alliance
- Collaborate and partner across brands, functions and divisions to drive strategic initiatives to action
- Partner across other Strategy & Transformation teams and efforts worldwide as applicable
- Provide thought partnership to Senior Executives and business partners on a range of critical top
- Identify and deconstruct business issues and develop strategic, analytical, and financial frameworks to evaluate
- Demonstrate strong leadership and significant influence management skills with the ability to gain credibility with Senior Executives while challenging the status quo
- Build "Executive ready" project deliverable, including presentations for the Committee and Board of Directors
- Lead project teams comprised of Analysts and Managers; oversee analysis to ensure conclusions are grounded in fact
- Maintain an external mindset, including staying on top of consumer, competitive, and macroeconomic/geopolitical trends
- Extensive M&A experience (Director or MD level) from investment banking or IB combined with in-house M&A
- Bachelors in an analytical discipline (e.g., Business, Engineering, Economics or Science
- Master of Business Administration strongly preferred
- A highly analytical, motivated, decisive thought leader with excellent managerial skills
- Strategic mindset with an ability to think broadly, refine questions, and develop analytical framework
- Outstanding project management skills
- High Emotional Intelligence and verbal and written communication skills that educate and influence senior leaders
- Experience managing teams and partnering with multiple business functions
- Passion for the FMCG sector
- Global outlook with sensitivity and awareness of social and cultural differences
This is a great opportunity for candidates from Consumer/Retail IB backgrounds.
It's extremely important that applicants have deep understanding of the Asia/APAC region as well as a proven track record originating, evaluating and executing on Asia centric deals.
Our client places a high-level of importance on D&I and critically evaluates shortlisted candidates based on this.
A high-level or preference will be shown to candidates currently based in China or able to relocate.
To apply online please click the Apply button below. For a confidential discussion about this role please contact Steve Parkes on +852 2848 4703