Analyst, Equities Who we're looking for
An equity analyst to join our regional research team to cover the China medical equipment and healthcare related sector. Working alongside our experienced team of analysts and portfolio managers, the role will help strengthen our fundamental research coverage of companies in the respective sectors (primarily China A-shares). About Schroders
As a global investment manager, we help institutions, intermediaries and individuals meet their goals, fulfil their ambitions, and prepare for the future. But as the world changes, so do our clients' needs. That's why we have a long history of adapting to suit the times and keeping our focus on what matters most to our clients.
Doing this takes experience and expertise. We bring together people and data to spot the trends that will shape the future. This provides a unique perspective which allows us to always invest with conviction. We are responsible for £574.4 billion (€641.7 billion/US$785.1 billion)* of assets for our clients who trust us to deliver sustainable returns. We remain determined to build future prosperity for them, and for all of society. Today, we have over 5,500 people across six continents who focus on doing just this.
We are a global business that's managed locally. This allows us to always keep our clients' needs at the heart of everything we do. For over 200 years and more than seven generations we've grown and developed our expertise in tandem with our clients' needs and interests.
*Data as at 31 December 2020. The base
The role is based in Shanghai, China. The team
Our Asia ex Japan Equities team of over 30 analysts and portfolio managers. What you'll do
The knowledge, experience and qualifications you need
- Conduct fundamental company research to support our investment process for Asia ex Japan equities and generate investment recommendations to a team of portfolio managers based in Hong Kong, London and Singapore.
- Maintain coverage of a basket of core stocks in the China medical equipment sector while also helping portfolio managers search for new investment opportunities.
- Communicate investment recommendations via detailed written research (including ESG analysis) and regular conference calls and presentations.
- Collaborate with other analysts and portfolio managers across the Schroder group.
- Where necessary, provide assistance to other analysts in the team and the Head of Research. This could include helping with coverage of non-healthcare related companies.
- Participate in various conferences & seminars related to sectors/companies & educational purposes;
- Prepare occasional thematic thought pieces that could relate to market/sector;
- Present the firm's investment process and sector views in occasional client-facing marketing activities.
We're looking for the best, whoever they are
- University degree or above in finance and accounting.
- At least 2-3 years of relevant sector experience/knowledge and exceptional abilities in the financial modelling and valuation of companies.
- Candidates with industry experience and subsequent financial sector exposure will be a plus.
- Strong communication skills required to present stock ideas and market/sector views to fund managers via written work and conference calls in both English and Chinese.
- Proficient in both written and verbal English and Chinese language.
- Proficient in MS Office applications, Bloomberg/WIND.
Schroders is an equal opportunities employer. You're welcome here whatever your sex, marital status, ethnic origin, sexual orientation, religious belief or age.