Asset & Wealth Management Operations - WFOE Operations - Associate/Vice President-Shanghai
Bringing together traditional and alternative investments, we provide clients around the world with a dedicated partnership and focus on long-term performance. As the firm's primary investment area, we provide investment and advisory services for some of the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, insurance companies, endowments, foundations, financial advisors and individuals, for which we oversee more than $2 trillion in assets under supervision. Working in a culture that values integrity and transparency, you will be part of a diverse team that is passionate about our craft, our clients, and building sustainable success. We are:
What We Do
- Investors, spanning traditional and alternative markets offering products and services
- Advisors, understanding our clients' priorities and poised to help provide investment advice and strategies that make sense for their portfolios
- Thought Leaders, providing timely insights across macro and secular themes to help inform our clients' investment decisions
- Innovators, using our suite of digital solutions to help our clients address complex challenges and meet their financial goals
Operations is at the core of Goldman Sachs. For every trade agreed, every new product launched or market entered, every transaction completed, it is Operations that enables business to flow.
Operations is integrated within our businesses and delivers banking , sales and trading , and asset management capabilities to all our clients. We work to protect the accuracy and efficiency at every step of the trade. For example, if a company wants to buy a block of stock, Operations first ensures that the stock and payment are ready to be traded. Next, we make sure that the trade is settled properly and on time. And finally, Operations confirms that each trade is reported accurately to the buyer, the seller, the firm and the regulators. Along the way, Operations looks for anything that could expose our clients or the firm to financial loss, penalty or other risks. Operations does this for every transaction all around the world. Operations also aids in the design of the technology, the information flows and the processes that make it all work. We constantly monitor these systems and reengineer them to keep everything running as efficiently as possible. Who We Look For
Operations recruits highly motivated individuals who can help the firm and its clients facilitate business. Professionals in Operations come from various academic and professional backgrounds and display the following personal qualities and attributes:
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Intellectual curiosity, passion and self-motivation
- Strong sense of teamwork
- Sense of risk management
- Design, creativity and problem solving skills
- Integrity, ethical standards and sound judgment
- Commitment to excellence
- Act as first point of contact for all PE Wholly Foreign Owned Enterprise (WFOE) operations affairs in China
- Lead/contribute to the setup of new business(es), responsible for establishing and executing operational processes as part of the central project team
- Oversight of all activities supported by fund administrator and Custodian
- Initiate any fund transfer/payment instruction/capital calls/dividend distributions to fund administrator and Custodian
- Perform cash reconciliation validation and cash projection
- Responsible for validation on performance fee/waterfall calculation/tax filling on fund level.
- Coordinate and compile regulatory and client reports
- Collaborate with key stakeholders to launch new funds and any other business activities
- Management of the fund on-boarding and off-boarding process to achieve timely and desired outcomes
- Able to adapt and navigate the evolving financial regulatory landscape and help develop strategic solutions to solve new challenges
- Liaise with distributors, vendors and other stakeholders for client onboarding, client reporting and other client services
- Over 5 years' experience in financial services industry. Experience in dealing with or working for WFOE PFM/Fund Management Company/QDLP/PE entities preferred, multiple experience in FMC/WMC would be a plus.
- Business Fluency in English, Native level expertise in Mandarin
- Strong understanding of asset management industry, business model, fund life cycle and operations processes
- Experience with Chinese financial markets operating and regulatory landscape, PE industry exposure would be a plus.
- Strong Finance/Accounting/Tax expertise in onshore PE funds would be a plus
- Demonstrate ability to partner across product groups and functional responsibilities
- Preferably has obtained the Asset Management Association of China (AMAC), fund practitioner qualification/license
- Attention to detail and ability to work to tight deadlines under pressure and to provide practical solutions
- Ability to juggle multiple competing demands across business lines and managing expectations across numbers of commercial opportunities
- Demonstrate strong communication and interpersonal skills both written and oral
- Experience managing senior stakeholders in both a domestic and international capacity would be a plus
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity