Associate Director, Distribution Sales
Our client is a top tier asset manager with business pans through the globe. They are targeting at setting up a full-fledged business based here in Shanghai.
The role will focus primarily on clients in China but entails working closely with regional colleagues (including teams responsible for the retail and institutional segments) to collaborate on service delivery to financial institutions with whom we have relationships in multiple jurisdictions. There will also be a reasonable level of interaction required with various internal departments who support the business; high emotional intelligence, an understanding of the regulatory environment/operating constraints, as well as the ability to work in teams, are all critical. Responsibilities:
- Develop and implement business development strategies across all products to drive market penetration in and raise net new assets in China, targets including but not limited to banks, trusts, insurances, securities companies, corporates, high net worth clients, distributors.
- Manage and service clients regularly with product information and updates, market intelligence, client events, especially for PFM and QDLP products.
- Maintain a high level of client engagement to develop leads, identify investor trends and new distribution opportunities.
- Understand the implementation of distribution and regulation of PFM and QDLP products in Chinese market.
- Generate interest and awareness across the suite of product offerings to grow and retain assets within this channel.
- 8 years' sales experience in the financial services industry, with a good network of business contacts and relationships in China
- Experience in the development and maintenance of local market channels, such as wealth management, trust and private banks is preferred.
- Familiar with the characteristics and customer base of each sales channel in the asset management market and is able to select channels and develop marketing based on the product characteristics.
- Good commercial sense and a client-oriented disposition
- Confident and persuasive presentation skills
- A team player with strong work ethic and high personal standards
- Strong Mandarin and English communication skills (verbal and written)
- Possess AMAC Fund Practitioner Qualification or working towards
- Bachelor's degree or above.