We are one of the largest investment management organizations in the world, with over 1000 people working together to create long-term value.
GIC Real Estate
The Real Estate (RE) arm of GIC invests in real estate and real estate-related assets outside of Singapore. We manage a well-diversified portfolio covering over 40 countries in property sectors such as offices, retail, hotels, residential, industrial, niche sectors and companies. Real Estate - Greater China
The key role of the Greater China Team based in Shanghai is to implement GIC RE's strategy to build its global real estate portfolio, with the primary objective of achieving superior long-term risk adjusted returns.
We are looking for a suitable candidate to join our Greater China Real Estate Investment team as an Associate. The Greater China team has a substantial direct real estate portfolio spanning across many sectors and cities. Besides traditional sectors of office, retail, industrial, residential and hospitality, the Greater China team has invested into alternative sectors like rental apartments, data centres, etc. Responsibilities
The Associate will be involved in both investment and asset management functions:
- Screen and evaluate deals, by performing market research, financial analysis and cash-flow modeling, investment feasibility, and making recommendations to senior members of the team. Associates are encouraged to form independent thinking and proactively share their views.
- Assist in managing the deal through the whole process, from preparing internal approval papers, to due diligence, negotiation, structuring, documentation and closing. Ability to multi-task and manage processes are critical.
- Play a key role in asset managing the existing portfolio, by working with JV partners or service providers like property managers and leasing agents. Key tasks include the development of annual strategic asset plans and budgets, and overseeing their effective implementation. As GIC is an investment manager, the involvement will be more at the strategic level than operational, therefore effective engagement and oversight at the strategic level is key.
- Actively monitor the ongoing performance of the assets, through regular review of asset performance against budgets and benchmarks. One key requirement is to look forward, anticipate issues and recommend solutions ahead of time.
- Assist senior members of the team in business development and relationship building.
- Good academic qualifications with one (1) to three (3) years of relevant working experience in a banking, investment and/or asset management role.
- Excellent analytical and financial modelling skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (English and Mandarin).
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively in a team setting.
- Creativity and ability to think out-of-the-box in unpacking complex situations, evaluating new niche sectors.
- Ability to effectively multi-task across a wide range of projects and deliverables, and drive work streams independently.