What We Do
At Goldman Sachs, our Engineers don't just make things - we make things possible. Change the world by connecting people and capital with ideas. Solve the most challenging and pressing engineering problems for our clients. Join our engineering teams that build massively scalable software and systems, architect low latency infrastructure solutions, proactively guard against cyber threats, and leverage machine learning alongside financial engineering to continuously turn data into action. Create new businesses, transform finance, and explore a world of opportunity at the speed of markets.
Engineering, which is comprised of our Technology Division and global strategists groups, is at the critical center of our business, and our dynamic environment requires innovative strategic thinking and immediate, real solutions. Want to push the limit of digital possibilities? Start here. Who We Look For
Goldman Sachs Engineers are innovators and problem-solvers, building solutions in risk management, big data, mobile and more. We look for creative collaborators who evolve, adapt to change and thrive in a fast-paced global environment.
We are looking for passionate engineers who would like to build and maintain the next generation authentication and identity management platform/suite for Goldman Sachs. An ideal candidate is intellectually curious who is self-motivated and driven to apply their skills toward strategic solutions. Your Impact
The Authentication Engineering team is responsible for designing, developing and implementing all strategic authentication solutions for the bank; the current suite is a combination of on-premise and cloud-based offerings.
The Authentication Engineering team also provides consulting services to other application engineering teams within the firm to ensure consistently secure and reliable authentication implementations. Automation is vital to offering a simple and complete solution out to these teams. GS authentication platforms are built on a diverse set of foundational vendor, open source and in-house developed products. You will help drive the convergence of authentication platforms across the firm. You will engineer to drive consistency, enable data collection and provide analysis of usage metrics. HOW YOU WILL FULFILL YOUR POTENTIAL
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- Build and maintain critical authentication solutions including integrations with existing and new systems.
- Collaborate on feature design and problem solving.
- Work with a broad set of products implementing modern IT Security protocols and concepts. Build solutions integrating off the shelf solutions, cloud solutions and custom products.
- Build partnerships with our clients, which include all business lines across Goldman Sachs.
- Partner with engineering teams to aid with understand technology offerings and assisting with adoption.
- Drive high availability of systems through DevOps
- Help to communicate and promote best practices for authentication across the firm.
- Engage in production troubleshooting and engineer product improvements to eliminate manual investigation were possible.
- Understanding of modern application design, best practices and infrastructure.
- Understanding of some or all of the following concepts: OAuth 2.0, SAML 2.0, Open ID Connect, Identity and Access Management, Web Application Security, entitlement management, network device authentication, TACACS, RADIUS, mission critical and highly available solutions & architectures, API gateways and REST APIs.
- Familiarity with security products such as PingFederate, Active Directory, Okta (or other IAM solutions) and Cisco ISE is desirable.
- Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose performance, security, and process interactions in complex distributed systems.
- Ability to understand and effectively debug both new and existing software.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts effectively and possessing the interpersonal skills required to collaborate effectively with colleagues across diverse technology teams.
- Experience designing, installing and operating security products and infrastructures.
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- 5+ years of experience in building, supporting or maintaining IT Security solutions.
- Experience in design of highly critical and scalable IT solutions.
- Experience monitoring, measuring, auditing and supporting software.
- Experience designing, installing and operating security products and infrastructure.
- Preferred background in IT security, including authentication, authorization, encryption and secure coding practices.
- Strong analytical, reporting and presentation skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc. is a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm that provides a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments and individuals. Founded in 1869, the firm is headquartered in New York and maintains offices in all major financial centers around the world.
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Vet.