CIB Credit Risk Analyst
JPMorgan is a global leader in financial services, providing strategic advice and products to the world's most prominent corporations, governments, wealthy individuals and institutional investors. Our first-class business in a first-class way approach to serving clients drives everything we do. We strive to build trusted, long-term partnerships to help our clients achieve their business objectives.
The Corporate & Investment Bank is a global leader across investment banking, wholesale payments, markets and securities services. The world's most important corporations, governments and institutions entrust us with their business in more than 100 countries. We provide strategic advice, raise capital, manage risk and extend liquidity in markets around the world.
The CIB Credit Risk has primary responsibility for managing the counterparty credit exposures and relationships, i.e. ensuring that all credit-related activities for the Bank's clients are executed, approved, monitored and reported in a manner consistent with the Bank's internal policies and guidelines. This would include frequent client contact to have a current and prospective view of the client, its industry and credit needs; build and maintain an active network throughout the Corporate & Investment Bank to manage the Bank's credit exposure and assist those business units in cross selling the firm. Main Responsibilities:
- The Credit Risk Analyst will be based in Shanghai with primary responsibility for assisting and managing designated clients in China Credit Portfolio
- Provide support from end to end execution of transactions including due diligence, credit analysis, financial modeling and recommending internal credit ratings
- Understand various techniques and methods of credit analysis, accounting treatments, financial adjustments etc.
- Ongoing monitoring of the portfolio, including preparing regular credit and portfolio reviews, timely and accurate update of credit lines, and tracking of excess and resolving exceptions
- Support local legal entity risk management requirements in line with local regulations
- Develop and maintain open communication channels and strong working relationships with business front lines
- Degree in Finance, Economics, or Accounting is preferred
- Excellent academic record
- Candidate with 1-2 years relevant experiences will be preferred
- Possesses strong quantitative ability in analyzing and interpreting financial statements, draws well-thought out conclusions from analysis, and is credit trained
- Strong written and verbal communication skills in both Chinese and English
- Deadline orientation; close attention to detail and accuracy
- Understands of the company's financial statements, including ratio analysis, cash flow analysis, and basic accounting standards.
- Ability to work proactively & independently as well as in a team environment