We are PIMCO, a leading global asset management firm. We manage investments and develop solutions across the full spectrum of asset classes, strategies and vehicles: fixed income, equities, commodities, asset allocation, ETFs, hedge funds and private equity. PIMCO is one of the largest investment managers, actively managing more than $2.2 trillion in assets for clients around the world. PIMCO has over 3,070 employees in 22 offices globally. PIMCO is recognized as an innovator, industry thought leader and trusted advisor to our clients.
PIMCO is one of the world's premier fixed income investment managers with thousands of professionals around the world united in a single purpose: creating opportunities for our clients in every environment. Since 1971, we have brought innovation and expertise to our partnership with the institutions, financial advisors and millions of individual investors who entrust us with their assets. We aspire to cultivate performance and leadership through empowering our people, diversity of thought, and a commitment to an inclusive culture that engages in our global communities. Position Description:
The firm is seeking an experienced channel marketing manager with strong digital expertise to join PIMCO's Greater China Marketing team. This multifaceted role requires a deep understanding of the Chinese wealth management industry and experience in building end-to-end client experiences across paid media, Social (WeChat, Weibo), email, events, sponsorships etc.
This position will require collaboration with multiple stakeholders, including compliance, client facing teams, investment professionals, as well as working with external vendors.
- Support the Head of Marketing, Greater China to develop and execute high quality, highly effective strategic & tactical marketing programs to achieve measurable business objectives
- Collaborate with client facing team to execute strategy, conduct events, drive digital communication programs as well as develop marketing collaterals to help our audience further understand our brand, strategies, and products.
- Manage content pipeline to engage/service clients via digital distribution platforms and social media including but not limited to WeChat
- Be the administrator of the corporate social media accounts in China (including WeChat). Monitor competitive landscape with social listening tool, and provide regular update to stakeholders
- Manage data collected via marketing touchpoints in China partnering with APAC Digital Marketing team on uncovering insights
- Actively surface and analyze the application of new and emerging technologies in China to uncover new growth opportunities partnering with APAC Digital Marketing team
- Partner with the client facing team to develop and execute the event and sponsorship strategy, including managing external vendors and collaborating with internal teams to run events physically in locations or virtually
- Coordinate with compliance to ensure all materials produced are fully compliant with regulations
- Manage external vendors and internal tele-media/multimedia teams, where necessary, in the production and execution of product advertising, events and other client marketing campaigns
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing or business related disciplines
- Professional qualification in finance a plus
- Certification of handling fund related business, or pass the fund qualification exam, required
- Understanding of financial markets with 6+ years' industry experience in wholesale marketing and institutional marketing in the asset management industry in Asia, particularly China
- Proficiency in spoken and written English and Chinese (Mandarin / Simplified Chinese)
- Demonstrated record of success in developing and driving marketing programs to achieve goals
- Demonstrated record of being a strong team player
- Demonstrated understanding of regulatory compliance in addition to digital and technology trends in China
- Experience in managing translations and content pipeline
- Experience in running event in venue and virtually
- Proven ability to interpret and communicate financial concepts both verbally and in writing
- Self-motivated, excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Resilience and flexibility to work in a small regional team yet with many global stakeholders
- Excellent time-management, multi-tasking and organization skills
- Attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Interpersonal skills at all organizational levels
- Ability to focus on specific goals, and demonstrate a sense of personal accountability and urgency for achieving results
- Ability to multitask and work in fast-paced and professional environment with frequent shifts in priorities as business needs dictate
- Ability to develop and apply new ideas, approaches and methods with an entrepreneurial spirit
- Willing to travel domestically to support business needs or internationally if needed