China LIB Infrastructure Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
We are a department that values Diversity and Inclusion (D&I) and are committed to realizing the firm's D&I ambition, which is an integral part of our cultural values.
- Responsible for managing the infrastructure team. The team is responsible for servers, databases, storage, voice, network, data center, IT terminals (office equipment such as office computers, printers, and projectors)
- Relationship management - act as a trusted advisor to the business, providing ownership and accountability for infrastructure-related incidents and reporting, capturing existing and future requirement
- Act as reporting point for all incidents and requests from local key business partners
- Responsible for daily management of infrastructure operations and support, including infrastructure maintenance, monitoring, optimization, and upgrade
- Handle the management of the data center and the maintenance of the environment system, including the maintenance and installation of hardware equipment in the center and the coordination and communication with the relevant teams (vendors, offshore teams) for data center related matters
- Responsible for the internal and external network and data security protection management, establish a sound security protection management system, implement security protection technical measures, and ensure the safety and backup of network and data operations
- As a technical contact, collect and coordinate the company's internal technical requirements
- Responsible for working, supervising and coordinating with global and regional SME's for related matters, including new projects and initiatives and issue resolution
- Provide governance and guidance to all infrastructure-related deliveries and setup needed in China.
- Represent and assist the Information Technology Department to address different notices, requirements and enquiries from local regulatory agencies for infrastructure-related matters
- Seek to proactively report and coordinate closely with Risk and Control officer to promptly address and meet all regulatory, compliance and audit requirement in the sub-region needed
- Coordinate with both SME's globally and regionally on changes and developments in local regulatory landscape that may have direct and/or indirect IT related impact
- Understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
- Bachelor degree or above, Major in Computer Science; 8-10 years of work experience
- Outstanding client relationship skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to handle all areas of the organization to ensure delivery of IT services
- Strong technical proficiencies and exposure to IT infrastructure development, support and management
- Strong communication skills, excellent written and oral expression skills in Chinese and English
- Familiar with AD, Linux, Oracle and other platforms and databases, familiar with storage, backup and network
- Familiar with project management, change-management, fault management, good organization and coordination ability
- Good logical analysis ability and learning ability, strong problem solving skills as well as the ability to summarize
- Familiar with various products in the domestic financial market and related service support systems, and have relevant construction and modification experience
- Proficient in local regulatory requirements, rules, audits and controls
- Proficient in local systems and onshore applications unique to the local branch
- Excellent sense of responsibility
- Good professional ethics, professionalism and work habits, and a strong sense of compliance
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively and deliver on time with a high level of integrity, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.