China Onshore Platform Development Lead
Credit Suisse is a leading global wealth manager with strong investment banking capabilities. Headquartered in Zurich, Switzerland, we have a global reach with operations in about 50 countries and employ more than 45,000 people from over 150 different nations. Embodying entrepreneurial spirit, Credit Suisse delivers holistic financial solutions to our clients, including innovative products and specially tailored advice. Striving for quality and excellence in our work, we recognize and reward extraordinary performance among our employees, provide wide-ranging training and development opportunities, and benefit from a diverse range of perspectives to create value for our clients, shareholders and communities. We are Credit Suisse. We Offer
The APAC Technology and Change organization is responsible for the engineering and support of technology solutions, implementation of change programs, and the associated change, design and data governance for the APAC Division. The organization includes APAC WM Core Technology, APAC WM Client Technology, APAC Products IT, APAC Markets IT and APAC Global Markets IT.
The role would be for a development team lead, based out of Shanghai, to lead local platform/applications development for China Onshore Private Banking. Work together with business users, locally and from other regions, and with the main delivery team that is based out of Shanghai/Singapore to provide quality solutions to help our business achieve their strategic goals. Outstanding influencing skills, leadership skills and a solid grasp of local products and applications are required. Key Responsibilities
- Develop local applications based on user requirements, design document.
- Be part of the delivery team to ensure development quality and delivery success.
- Deployment of local application related packages to respective IT environments.
- Local application version management and control.
- Application performance tuning for in-house application and supplier solutions.
- Seek to adopt global/regional DevOps good practices and bring on new processes to help improve overall development and release quality.
- Continuous improvement for the development team, including individual skills, development tools/approaches upgrade.
- Keen understanding of the different technology domains within the Bank and how different functions operate across domains.
- Willing and able to adapt to changes in priorities and requirements.
- Proactive risk management - building a sustainable control environment by reducing operational risks, eliminating manual steps and sub-optimal practices.
- Remain open and alert to new technology opportunities.
Programming languages like Java/Python/Shell script/SQL DevOps tools like Jenkins/Docker/JIRA/Maven/Git/Kubernetes Server applications like Linux, Oracle Large databases for the use of data warehousing or data lakes Integration technologies like middleware, micro-services architecture, MQ Application and database optimization approaches
- Minimum of 7 years’ experience in development of banking industry.
- Proficient in China’s local regulatory and reporting requirements for the banking industry
- Experience to lead development team to dev below at least 2 categories of banking systems: Core banking system, payment application, regulation reporting application, finance accounting application, wealth management application, product transaction system (i.e. FX, Loan, fixed income, derivative, etc.), risk control system.
- Hands-on experience in the following:
We value these characteristics
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills built on industry experience in banking or technology development.
- Excellent presentation, written and verbal communication skills – problem structuring, logical thinking and story-lining essential.
- Outstanding influencing and interpersonal ability as well as work effectively with multi-functional/cross-regional teams and with senior management
- Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion
- Can deliver complex systems in a fast paced and dynamic environment
- A real passion and experience in Agile working practices like Scrum or Kanban, with a strong desire to deliver on time with high level of integrity, flexibility, sense of urgency, attention to detail and quality standards
- Result oriented, dedicated, hardworking and can work on own initiative whilst also working collaboratively
- Pragmatism. A thorough understanding of, and are highly informed by, the purist approaches. Have an understanding of what it takes to deliver working software
- Completion. Delivery. Shipping working software with high usability to our customers is what matters most. The biggest thrill from a big new insight comes when you see it working in the real world
- Collaboration. Building software is primarily a social activity so you need to play well with others. Figuring out the right thing for the team to do is not about winning a debate at all costs
- Diversity. Value everyone's ideas, background, thoughts, and culture
- Curiosity. Like to learn - continually, and deliberately
- Passion. Passionate about software. Live and breathe software. It is not just a job, it is a way of life
At Credit Suisse we are looking for people who are passionate about the software industry and want to work with the best. We value teamwork, the ability to meet commitments as well as skill and a successful track record. We strive for a healthy, productive work/life balance, while enjoying the opportunity to substantially contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant software business.
Credit Suisse is an equal opportunity employer. Welcoming diversity gives us a competitive advantage in the global marketplace and drives our success.