Compliance, AML Compliance Officer, Analyst/Associate, Shanghai
MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Goldman Sachs Asset Management is one of the world's leading investment managers. We provide institutional and individual investors with investment and advisory solutions, with strategies spanning asset classes, industries, and geographies. We help our clients navigate today's dynamic markets, and identify the opportunities that shape their portfolios and long-term investment goals. We extend these global capabilities to the world's leading pension plans, sovereign wealth funds, central banks, insurance companies, financial institutions, endowments, foundations, individuals and family offices.
Goldman Sachs has a long term strategic plan in China, as evidenced by the recent announcement of 51% ownership of our local joint venture. As part of the strategic plan to build out our China footprint and franchise, Goldman Sachs Asset Management is pursuing a joint venture with ICBC by combining our expertise in product innovation, portfolio and risk management with ICBC's strong brand recognition and client network. The joint venture will offer investment management advisory services for retail and/or qualified investors in China, via predominantly ICBC's nationwide distribution channels. The joint venture will benefit from strengths from both companies, delivering superior investment solutions to onshore China clients.
As China is opening up its economy and financial markets, the joint venture is at a bright spot in delivering and sharing best practices from global markets, complimenting local expertise in understanding and developing solutions for local investors. As China evolves to become a global player in the economy, it is keen to seek changes in the industry in many ways. The marrying of relative strengths from both company will not only yield great benefit to local investors, but also will drive changes in the overall industry. Global Compliance
Our division prevents, detects and mitigates compliance, regulatory and reputational risk across the firm and helps to strengthen the firm's culture of compliance. Compliance accomplishes these through the firm's enterprise-wide compliance risk management program. As an independent control function and part of the firm's second line of defense, Compliance assesses the firm's compliance, regulatory and reputational risk; monitors for compliance with new or amended laws, rules and regulations; designs and implements controls, policies, procedures and training; conducts independent testing; investigates, surveils and monitors for compliance risks and breaches; and leads the firm's responses to regulatory examinations, audits and inquiries. You'll be part of a team with members from a wide range of academic and professional backgrounds, such as law, accounting, sales, and trading. We look for those who possess sound judgment, curiosity, and are able to adapt to a changing regulatory landscape. RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Within the firm's Compliance division, the Financial Crime Compliance Group is responsible for coordinating Goldman Sachs' enterprise-wide Anti-Money Laundering/Bank Secrecy Act compliance effort and provides AML-related services to Goldman Sachs subsidiaries worldwide. These services include: developing and implementing policies and procedures; performing customer due diligence and enhanced due diligence; screening against OFAC and other government sanctions lists; conducting automated and manual transaction monitoring, investigating potential violations of law, regulation or firm policy by employees and/or clients; reporting suspicious activity; coordinating training of relevant employees; and liaising with law enforcement and regulatory authorities.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring adherence to the firm's AML Compliance Program guidelines in asset management business, and will coordinate and monitor day to day compliance with applicable money laundering laws, rules, and regulations to mitigate reputational and regulatory risk to the firm. Principal Responsibilities
- Reviewing prospective clients to identify issues presenting potential legal, regulatory or reputational risk
- Conducting background investigations of prospects, primarily utilizing publicly available data sources and reviewing client documentation
- Conducting investigations relating to escalations or alerts on potential suspicious activities. Investigative work entails in-depth client account reviews of trading and transactional activity to identify potential money laundering, insider trading, market manipulation and other suspicious transactions
- Writing investigative reports and Suspicious Transaction Reports
- Drafting and implementing applicable Anti-Money Laundering ("AML") policies and procedures
- Providing training to employees on AML-related topics
- Managing document retention in accordance with applicable AML regulation and firm policy
- Interpreting relevant AML laws, rules and regulations
- Collaborating closely with the global Anti-Money Laundering/Suspicious Activities Group, the Anti-Bribery Group, the Government Sanctions Group, and the Global Transaction and Market Surveillance Group
- Other relevant compliance responsibilities for asset management business
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
- Minimum 3 years of general securities compliance, asset management compliance, securities law, law enforcement, investigative or forensic accounting experience
- Experience in reviewing client trading and transactional activity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical, investigative and risk assessment skills
- Good understanding of the asset management industry and investment products
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize demanding workflows, be detailed-oriented and well organized
- Must be a self-starter, pro-active and able to work independently
- Proficiency in PowerPoint and Excel, and external database searches, such as Worldcheck, Factiva, and Lexis/Nexis
- Fluency in English and Mandarin required
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.
We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers .
We're committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https:// www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html
© The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., 2021. All rights reserved.
Goldman Sachs is an equal employment/affirmative action employer Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity