See job description for details
About The Role
- An exciting opportunity to work at the Legal Division
- Consistently provide legal advice and support
- Reports to the Head of Legal and Company Secretary - China
Role Location: ANZ Shanghai
Role Type: Permanent, Full-time
As a Corporate Lawyer, you will:
- Identify, manage and minimize legal risk of ANZ China through providing legal advice on all aspects of the bank’s business. Assist the business in understanding the legal and regulatory environment in which it operates.
- Consistently provide legal advice and support which is correct, clear and concise and meets agreed deadlines and to the extent appropriate in the particular circumstances recognise commercial imperatives and considers alternative options and solutions.
- Proactively assist business to manage disruptive events and non-business as usual requirements (including new growth or efficiency initiatives and projects, regulatory change, disputes or complaints, investigations and remediation issues).
- Ensure internal processes, policies and procedures, including relating to risk management, knowledge sharing, document simplification and training, are complied with and (where possible) improved.
- Manage the efficient provision of advice by external lawyers
To be successful in this role, you will ideally bring the following –
- PRC holder is an advantage
- Proven experience with a reputable financial institution or law firm in corporate banking, including advisory and documentation drafting for loans and security (especially cross-border ones) and new product launch
- Good experience in trade or cash management business would be a plus
- Demonstrated ability to provide commercial solutions-based legal services, while maintaining robust independence of legal advice
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin is preferred
- Team focused with a flexible attitude and the willingness to go the extra mile
At ANZ, everything we do boils down to ‘why’ – our purpose – to shape a world where people and communities thrive. We're just as focused on seeing our people thrive as well as our customers. We'll give you every opportunity to develop your career.
We are responding faster to changing customer requirements, focusing on the things that matter the most, energising our people, eliminating waste and reducing bureaucracy.
A happy workplace is a thriving one. So in order to attract and keep the best talent, and say thanks for the hard work, we make sure all our employees are rewarded.
ANZ recognises the value of an inclusive and diverse work environment. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from diverse candidates. Our recruitment decisions are based on the key inherent needs and requirements of each role, and candidates are selected based on their unique strengths and characteristics. We work flexibly at ANZ. Talk to us and let us know how this role can be flexible for you.
To find out more about working at ANZ or to view other opportunities visit www.anz.com/careers. You may apply for this role by visiting ANZ Careers and search for reference number CHI004585