Associate / Senior Associate plays a key analytical, structuring and execution role within the credit origination team, working closely within the immediate transaction execution group and also cooperating with the larger fixed income, structuring and syndication teams.
The Leveraged Finance desk is part of VTB Capital’s Global Markets / Fixed Income department and is responsible for large-cap corporate credit business of VTB. It works closely with Sales/Origination and Structuring teams on structured lending transactions. As the primary ‘risk-owner’, it has ultimate P&L responsibility and is involved in every stage of a transaction - origination, structuring, negotiation, execution, distribution and trading.
Its International segment specialises in complex and often highly structured transactions involving non-Russia/CIS credit risk in a diverse set of industries across capital structure from senior to mezzanine and hybrid capital. Examples include share backed, commodity-linked and equity linked financings, structured loans with embedded FX&IR derivatives, and asset backed financings. Geographically, the desk focuses on corporate and sovereign opportunities primarily in Asia and CEEMEA.
- Pre-screening of new opportunities
- Completion and delivery of complete credit analysis (including cash flow models, company and industry analyses, preparation of analytical credit memos)
- Leading diligence and modelling efforts with clients as appropriate
- Providing recommendations to deal team on structuring and pricing of deals, financial covenants and other commercial aspects
- Assisting Structuring/Legal in preparation of terms sheets and credit documentation (credit and commercial aspects)
- Preparation of full sets of documents necessary for internal approvals, leading discussions with Risk Management, Treasury, Finance and other support services, driving internal approvals process
- Leading transaction execution and funding with increased levels of responsibility over time
- Preparation of marketing materials and teasers for syndication of credit transactions, liaising with Syndicate and Sales
- Monitoring of risk positions taken on the books
- Monitoring of P&L/portfolio reports, liaising with Finance/Accounting
- Managing / coordinating work of junior team members on all of the above
- Supporting desk’s management in business planning and strategic initiatives.
Key Competencies & Qualifications
Associate / Senior Associate should be exceptionally motivated, ambitious and intellectually curious; enthusiastic team player with strong analytical skills; results-focused achiever, responsible and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree from one of the leading universities in Russia or abroad, strong academic qualifications
- Relevant transaction experience in Leveraged Finance, Corporate Banking, Credit Analysis or Trading (minimum 3-5 years)
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills focused on financial analysis, accounting and finance
- Solid financial modelling skills
- Knowledge of international / English law lending concepts, structures and standards (LMA etc)
- Knowledge of Russian corporate banking policies and procedures. Relevant work experience with a Russian bank is a plus
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously while maintaining a high standard of work
- Strong written and verbal communication skills (both Russian and English), strong interpersonal skills
- Commercial acumen
- High degree of intellectual curiosity
Additional/Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- MBA, ACCA or CFA qualification is a plus
- Leveraged finance, credit trading or credit research experience
- Commodities, project finance or asset backed financing experience
- Transaction experience in Asia / CEEMEA
- Other languages (e.g. Chinese)