Data Architect/Data Engineering About our Team:
Our team oversees all the software build for our team in China. We want to bring the best FinTech practice and experience we gained globally to create the China specific modern Asset Management Platforms.
Responsibilities of this Role:
- We are open to modern technologies. We use open-source, industry standards & cutting-edge technologies to deliver projects end to end, including planning, architecting, and coding.
- We are highly sought after to tackle data- and analytically-intensive challenges and present them in intuitive and visually compelling ways.
- We offer the opportunity to learn about the entire asset management process, such as portfolio construction, trading, risk management, directly work with key stakeholders on daily basis, and make meaningful impacts.
- We work with professionals spanning across the globe, including but not limited to Shanghai, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Singapore, London, New York and San Francisco, and value open communication and eagerness to learn and share!
Experience and Qualifications: (5+ year working experience in Data Architecture and Engineering)
- Contribute to the vision and strategy for our China's data architecture by developing a deep understanding of both the business needs and the inherent relationships among data
- Design, implement and optimize data pipelines. Ensure smooth data flow and process. Monitor data quality.
- Evaluate and choose database and data service technologies to fit business needs
- Collaborate with team members in a multi-office, multi-country environment
Nice to have:
- Advanced knowledge and experience in designing, developing, and tuning for relational databases (e.g. Microsoft SQL server, Postgres)
- Proficient in designing and developing data models
- Proficient in ETL design and implementation
- Proficient in SQL and Python
- Experience using big data technologies such as Apache Hadoop, Cassandra
- Knowledge in Financial asset data
- Strong communication skills, proficient in both English and Mandarin
- B.E. or M.S. degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or a related discipline
- Working knowledge of data technologies in cloud
- Experience and knowledge of Data Science
- Experience of data visualizations
- Experience in Java, C#
- Expertise in design and development of RESTful services and APIs
- Experience in finance, investment, or portfolio management processes