Derivatives Back Office
Managing the entire lifecycle of Over The Counter and Exchange traded derivatives
Knowledge Skills and Abilities, Key Responsibilities: Experience, Knowledge and Skills Essential:
- Working knowledge on Derivatives - Commodity, FX & Rates
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Flexible attitude and self-motivated
- Team player with proven ability to partner with global stakeholders
- Fast learner and comfortable operating in a dynamic environment
- Degree educated or equivalent in numerate discipline or above
- Proficient in MS Excel
- Willing to work in shifts
- SME/end user experience on Murex application
- Working knowledge / experience on trade reconciliation tools
- Working knowledge of exchanges such as SHFE
- Ensure all trades processed through brokers are correct & reconcile to traders records in the system.
- Work with internal departments, external counterparties and exchanges to resolve discrepancies on trades within stipulated time
- Perform close outs on the settled trades in the system- as per positions closed out by traders on the Exchange
- Prepare a daily ledger/report of all the settlements /margin exchange with the broker
- Perform reconciliation at Month End to ensure the balances in the Accounting system matches the Monthly statement of the counterparty
- Provide a proper handover of activities to the internal team before End of day.
Key Relationships and Department Overview: Key Relationships
- Internal: Traders, Derivatives Back Office, Deals Desk, Treasury, Accounting, Credit, IT
- External: Clearing Brokers, Exchanges, Executing brokers, Counterparties
All of Trafigura's global derivatives positions flow through this department which gives us a wide exposure to the different global derivatives contracts in the market. Swaps and Futures is the backbone of Trafigura's trading structure and as such we are responsible for managing the complete lifecycle of Derivative positions and are the key point of contact for all front and middle office derivative queries. Communication within this department is not limited to internal stakeholders but with external counterparties as well to ensure that the business commercial requirements are met.