Bloomberg Trade Order Management Solutions (TOMS) sits at the hear of the Bloomberg sell-side ecosystem. The solution provides sell-side firms with the capabilities to efficiently manage inventory, measure risk, track P&L, comply with regulations and deliver an efficient experience to their customer base.
The enterprise suite of solutions includes electronic trading tools as well as the market connectivity required to help firms synchronise their front office risk and trading activity with middle-office, operations and enterprise applications.
What's the role?
As a key member of our rapidly growing APAC TOMS team, you'll be responsible for building deep client relationships, uncovering sales opportunities through client interactions and prospecting, positioning TOMS and other Bloomberg solutions, generating leads and driving revenue. You'll work closely with colleagues in the Account Management team to gain a deep understanding of your clients' business needs, and provide consultative solutions to build stronger relationships. You'll also play a role in influencing the direction of our products by providing feedback on user workflow demand, competitor intelligence, and market trends.
You'll need to demonstrate credibility with a proven competency and knowledge of the sell side community, have an understanding of the operational and trading activities of the customer and have a thorough understanding of optimal workflow and usage. You will need to be able to demonstrate a genuine interest in our clients by being a good listener and understanding their Enterprise needs before recommending solutions.
We'll trust you to:
- Focus on 3 core areas. (1) Sales and Solution Opportunities, (2) Client relationships and positioning additional solutions, and (3) Product and Market knowledge
- Exemplify Enterprise/Value selling approach with the need to understand the connections between TOMS and other Bloomberg services to bring a total solution to our clients
- Understand clients' business, workflow and technology stack
- Thoughtfully position product, functionality and enhancements
- Collaborate with Account Management, Product and Business Development with insight and intelligence
- Use your deep industry knowledge to spot opportunities and propose solutions across Bloomberg's Fixed Income Product offering
You'll need to have:
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in English and Mandarin
- 3 to 5 years sales experience, ideally within the Fixed Income and Foreign Exchange market
- Strong understanding of the financial markets and full life cycle of a trade with special focus on asset classes like Fixed Income, Foreign Exchange, Interest and Credit Derivatives, and Money Markets, as well as the ability to illustrate the workflows
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with external c-suite level and internal business managers across teams such as Trading, Sales, Middle and Back Office, Technology and E-commerce
- Strong business sense with knowledge of identifying potential value creation and new prospects, as well as building and maintaining solid client relationships
- Service oriented and client focused
- Independent individual with a strong aptitude to excel in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment whilst being able to work cohesively with a team is necessary.
- Strong understanding of the APAC fixed income Markets and ability to develop multi-year regional sales and product strategies
- Ability to manage time effectively, multi-task and work well under pressure in a team environment
- Available for regular travel within the assigned geographical coverage
We'd love to see:
- Extensive knowledge of the Fixed Income cash and Derivatives markets with experience with Fixed Income Trading workflows
- Order management technology and electronic trading experience especially knowledge of TOMS
- Project Management and Planning Skills
If this sounds like you:
Apply if you think we're a good match. We'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are, but in the meantime feel free to have a look at this: http://www.bloomberg.com/trading-solutions/
Bloomberg is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of age, ancestry, color, gender identity or expression, genetic predisposition or carrier status, marital status, national or ethnic origin, race, religion or belief, sex, sexual orientation, sexual and other reproductive health decisions, parental or caring status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy or maternity/parental leave, protected veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, or any other classification protected by applicable law.
Bloomberg is a disability inclusive employer. Please let us know if you require any reasonable adjustments to be made for the recruitment process. If you would prefer to discuss this confidentially, please email email@example.com.